aaron1riley is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Please help with Correct query criteria

Hi,

hoping someone can please help me with the filtering (navigation subform) of a split from im using. All controls i have to filter the form are working except for my final one which has an added control in form of a checkbox.

Using a Navigation sub form i would like to select a checkbox which when true only returns records which are not Null from the "Countremeasure" field (from the back end table ) and also only returns records for "Done" (yes/no field) if "No"
    Then if checkbox isnt selected it returns everything.

Sorry for lack of info that you may need to help as i am a complete novice. Hoping for query criteria statement as im not into coding.

Thanks and appreciate your time

Aaron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PXL_20220725_105122354.jpg  

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Can you post a copy of the db
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi Bob, id like to but cant due to company policy. is there any other generic info i can give that can aid you?

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hard to see the criteria but it looks like True is wrapped in dbl quotes ("True") which is probably being interpreted as a text value, not as T or F. The "No " & in Done field looks wrong as well in that it's text again, and I can't imagine a checkbox field (Done) containing a string like No. Try removing the concatenation from each field as a start. Also, this seems contradictory: checkbox which when true only returns records which are not Null

yet you specify Null & in the Countermeasure field. If the criteria is True, then checking for anything else doesn't make sense.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Hard to see the criteria but it looks like True is wrapped in dbl quotes ("True") which is probably being interpreted as a text value, not as T or F. The "No " & in Done field looks wrong as well in that it's text again, and I can't imagine a checkbox field (Done) containing a string like No. Try removing the concatenation from each field as a start. Also, this seems contradictory: checkbox which when true only returns records which are not Null

yet you specify Null & in the Countermeasure field. If the criteria is True, then checking for anything else doesn't make sense.

Thanks for your help, your suggestions aided my solution.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Glad I was able to assist somehow.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.