Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dmgg is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Form doesn't display Properties when right click on field.

I have the most recent version of Access. When I have a form in the design mode, I right click on a data field, choose Properties and get nothing. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the file? Any help much appreciated.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Sometimes the border of the properties window is at the extreme right hand edge. I've experienced this and had to carefully "grab" the border and drag it left.

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Sometimes the border of the properties window is at the extreme right hand edge. I've experienced this and had to carefully "grab" the border and drag it left.
    I tried it and still doesn't work. Very frustrating. No such problem with older version. Thanks for reply,

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2019
    Have you tried the ribbon?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PRS.PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	48367
    Last edited by davegri; 07-24-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    This often happens when you move the properties window to a second monitor in a dual monitor setup and then open db again in a single monitor setup. I seem to recall a code solution to movesize the properties window but if I have that code, I can't find it.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Like others reported there, .Enabled doesn't work for me either (yes, I had a form open in design view). However, this does open and locate the window although it may be empty or blank white when it does. Double clicking on a form control or section, or the form selector takes care of that but that should not matter. Once positioned, you can simply close it and reopen it using whatever method you usually use.

Code:
    Sub locatePropsWindow()

With CommandBars("Property Sheet")
         .Visible = True
         .Top = 200
         .Left = 400
    End With

End Sub
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I keep forgetting that the answer seeker doesn't get answers on email. I tried this and just get no response. I would love to get the Property sheet you show. This version just doesn't respond properly. Just in case it is a program problem, I am going to ask the person who provided it to give me a new copy. Thanks again, I much appreciate your effort.

Sorry to reply so late. I have tried it and can't get it to work. I read some of the comments by others who had same problem and will try their solutions. Thanks much

Micron:

I added your code to one of the code sheets. I didn't get anything new. Is there some other things I should do to make it work? Thank you and sorry it took me so long to answer.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You can get email notifications if you set your profile to do that for all threads. Can also turn this on/off for specific threads. Click the Go Advanced button below post editor window then look at the Advanced Options below the edit box.

What did you do after pasting code? Open a form in design view then run the procedure. Try 0 for Top and Left.

Are you using a single monitor setup?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    You can get email notifications if you set your profile to do that for all threads. Can also turn this on/off for specific threads. Click the Go Advanced button below post editor window then look at the Advanced Options below the edit box.

What did you do after pasting code? Open a form in design view then run the procedure. Try 0 for Top and Left.

Are you using a single monitor setup?
    @June7 Some of us are not getting notifications? I have them as Instant on all of my threads, and have only had one, and that was from the No Notifications thread, when there should be about 7 from that thread alone.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dmgg View Post
    Micron:

I added your code to one of the code sheets. I didn't get anything new. Is there some other things I should do to make it work? Thank you and sorry it took me so long to answer.
    As WGM noted, it seems others are having issues with lack of notifications, although I seem to not be one of them.

You could try using 0 for top and left, but I believe that it shouldn't matter if you try that code with 1 monitor or 2. I just can't test it to be sure. Is this problem specific to one db or can you not find the property sheet in all db's that you open in Access?

Welshgasman

I took a look at the addresses you listed. It will take me some time to use them Thank Youl

Quote Originally Posted by dmgg View Post
    Welshgasman

I took a look at the addresses you listed. It will take me some time to use them Thank Youl
    ??? Not sure what you are referring to? I did not respond to your query?
    Ah I think you are referring to my signature links. That is all they are, signature links.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.