tika is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Textbox value to ba the same as the value of a different textbox

Hi,

Am new to this forum and also a beginner in Access. I don't have an IT background and I have learnt Access VBA on my own.

I am creating an Inventory management tool using Access. I have created 2 forms:
    1. Purchase Order ([ProductID], [Brand], [Quantity], [UnitPrice], [Total])
    2. Inbound Item ([ProductID], [Brand], [Quantity], [UnitPrice], [InOutQty],[Status],[Note])

when the user fill in a purchase order, the information is duplicated in an Inbound Item form. In addition, there is a field called [InOutQty]. It is supposed to be the quantity that has been confirmed from the supplier but not yet in stock. Currently, this field has to be filled manually. I would like this field to have the same value as the field [Quantity].

I have tried defaultValue = [Quantity] but it doesn't work.
    I have tried using VBA subform_AfterUpdate [InOutQty].value = [Quantity].value and it doesn't work neither.

Can someone help me on that matter?

Thank you

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Why duplication of data between records? Why duplicate quantity? How is the data duplicated to InboundItem form?

Can each purchase order have multiple products?

Does user need to see the InOutQty?

Try the subform BeforeUpdate event.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    tika,

I recommend that you review the info by Allen Browne at this link.
    Inventory is not trivial. Identify the things involved and how they relate to one another.
    Make a picture/model and test it with some sample data.
    Search the forum(s) for posts related to "inventory".

You may find this Stock Management video helpful. It will help with the steps involved.
    Good luck.

tika is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Why duplication of data between records? Why duplicate quantity? How is the data duplicated to InboundItem form?

Can each purchase order have multiple products?

Does user need to see the InOutQty?

Try the subform BeforeUpdate event.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    Thank you for your answer. I will try the BeforeUpdate. To answer to you questions: I did not duplicate the data between data. the two forms are one Purchase Order. The second is the Inbound. In short The Purchase order form will be sent to the supplier (as a report) and the inbound will be use to update the stock level in my database. Each purchase order can have multiple lines or products. The user needs to see the InOutQty because he may receive a less than ordered or more than ordered. the InOutQty is what is used to update the stock level. Don't know if that gives you a better understanding of my issue.

tika is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you for sharing I will have a look at it. I did a ER model before starting the project. But I dont't know which knowledge I am missing to have this done.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.