KandAMom is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

textbox backcolor white acting transparent in print preview

I have a site that has several versions of Office 365(and so several versions of Access). I have a report that has a label on the detail section that will only show if the subreport on top of it does not have any data. The backcolor of the subreport's text fields and detail section is white(#FFFFFF). In recent versions (Version 2204 & 2205), the label shows with the subreport data on top of it like the subreport is transparent. This doesn't happen with older versions(like 2112), so I'm thinking that it is an issue in a recent update.

I read in another thread that there was a change in the Office Theme in the Background colors, but am not sure this is related.

Any help would be appreciated.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Suggest check the z-order of the label - try sending it to back.

Always thought subforms/reports hid anything behind it regardless of the control settings but if that is not the case You may have set the back colour to white but is it also set to transparent

Windows 10 Office 365
    I did make sure that the subreport was sent to the front and Backstyle is set to 'normal'. One thing that made a different was changing the backcolor to #FEFEFE which is slightly off white. The subreport appeared over the label in the back and covered it.
    However, I have other reports that have this same issue and shouldn't have to change them all.

Windows 10 Office 365
    I am finding that even though they are all on the same version of Access (and Office 365) Version 2112, some users see the background color and others do not (all fields are transparent). Up until 3 weeks ago, this was not an issue. They are all using the same Access front end. Could this be a printer driver issue?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Could this be a printer driver issue?
    Possibly, try printing to another printer or a pdf (which can then be sent to printer)

Windows 10 Office 365

Printing to another printer or pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_London View Post
    Possibly, try printing to another printer or a pdf (which can then be sent to printer)
    Thanks. I have tried this and it works on 2, but not the others. Also, polling the users on the network, all are on the same version of Access as I am. They are printing to the same 2 printers on the network. This morning, one of the users, who was printing the report correctly, is now seeing all fields transparent.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.