Allyj is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Help with table relationships please

Hi, I am struggling with a database relationship. I have a table "Worklog"which contains historic information about jewellery pieces that include weights and precious metals etc.
    I would like to use that information to perform
    1, a specific weight conversion based on the metal field stored in worklog table
    2, use this new value to quote a new price for the item based on a different metal choice.
    (i.e in worklog Ring24 was originally made in 9ct gold but I have a new customer who wants the same ring made in 18ct gold. I have to convert specific weight of 9ct @ 11.4g To 18ct @ 15.7g) and then with this new weight multiply it by the a new updated price per gm for 18ct gold.
    Since im a novice, im struggling to get the structure correct and maintain the original. Historic info on my Worklog table.
    🤯

Any advice gratefully welcome. 😊

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    first bit of advice - don't just describe the requirement provide some example data and the outcome required from that example data and how you get to that outcome. For example

1. how does 9ct @ 11.4g get to 18ct @ 15.7g?
    2. what does 'Worklog' look like? provide field names and example data for those fields?
    3. what other types of conversion are required - does converting sterling silver use exactly the same calculation? What if your customer wants to swap out a diamond for one of a different carat? or to a different stone or quality?

Allyj is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Sorry, forgive me I am new to posting and a novice at access. I suspect a lot of my design violates normal database design. I will try and figure this out on my own and failing that I'll take some screenshots and try to better explain the issue I am having.
    Thanks for the advice.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    No problem, when you are ready, it's always difficult when you are just starting out. Just be aware you know your business and we don't. So you need to educate us. Provide some example processes in detail and use some example data. How does data get into the worklog table? what do you do with it? what data is in the table?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.