tekwrytr is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Enable Content button does not display Option dialog box

When I set settings to not trust any documents, the message bar displays, saying it is blocking content, with an Enable Content button. When I click the button on my computer, it simply enables the content and that is that.

When my boss clicks the Enable Content button on his computer for the same database, a dialog box displays asking if he wants to make the database a trusted document. That dialog box does not show up on my computer at home (I work off-site) and I need to display that dialog box as part of a tutorial I am creating.

I cannot use the boss's computer. I need my computer to display the dialog box asking if I want to make the current file a trusted document when I click the Enable Content button. Any idea how this can be done, or why the same database would cause the dialog box to display on one computer and not another? Both are Windows 7 Professional, Office 2010 Professional. Any help, advice, or suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I'm not sure how to programmatically set Macro Security to low but it's a one time deal. But you would need to go to the Macro Security settings on your boss's computer and change this in MSAccess. Again, it's a one time deal and you just open MSAccess and find the Macro Security setting. (worse feature Microsoft ever put in - I mean, almost any MSAccess db has 'some' kind of coding.) Regardless, once you set Macro Security to low in MSAccess, that computer (and any MSAccess dbs) should no longer get any messages regarding security.

You can also check this post to see if this might be part of the problem (although unlikely given your description):
    https://www.accessforums.net/securit...ork-10106.html

Dinzdale40 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    so it sounds like you need to increase your security setting in order to see the dialog box and take a screen shot for your tutorial.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.