Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also, the redesign of UA does not have some of the wiki stuff that was often referenced. Hopefully, some of those will be "re-attached" - they were quite helpful.
    I very much doubt it. Daniel Pinault was just saying the other day, that all development appears to have stopped there. Bugs not getting fixed etc.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Orange, the MZTools online documentation is pretty good for setting up the code library. I don't use Favorites with V8, but I do recall using that feature with V3. The code library duplicates the functions of favorites. Probably the author included favorites in V8 for backward compatibility.
    MZTools is well worth the lifetime single cost which includes frequent updates. For example, in a large DB with many forms and modules having a total of dozens or hundreds of procedures, adding error handler code to each procedure manually would be daunting. MZTools can add the code with one click in each procedure.
    Also, the author is quick to respond personally to questions or bug reports in my experience.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Thanks Dave. Yes I have used the product since V3 and agree 100% that it is very helpful- especially routine things like indenting code, standardizing headers and error handling. I haven't used the code library part. I have set up other Access Libraries, but feel that I have missed a feature of MZTools. I have not seen an example of usage nor I have not seen anything on youtube highlighting or instructional/tutorial on using MZTools for code library. Since I've been retired several years and don't do any development, it isn't something I have a great need for for things like team development...but it's a background interest.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm sure micron will be happy with the function.
    Interesting but not even close to what I was posting about. I guess I wasn't successful in explaining because this is what I want to see:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrowseVBA.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	48068
    However, open button does not do anything if you've chosen only a folder.

This one is for picking folders but you cannot see files. I wanted to see files but pick a folder - me and probably hundreds of others who have asked for this in the past.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Browse2VBA.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	48069

BTW, some of that music is for the wife.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Micron said
    Interesting but not even close to what I was posting about. I guess I wasn't successful in explaining
    It's a tool. It does create a string list of subfolders and string list of files within the specified folder argument. What you do with the results is up to you

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I agree with Dave. It's a tool. Seems you could see files, folders.. and process whatever.
    I wasn't aware of your subject matter. I thought you wanted folders--review files, then under some "criteria", do something with folders. Anyway. I think it's a useful tool.;

My sample usage:

printDirInfo("c:\users\jp\documents")
    Folder List: BobBlair;Custom Office Templates;Dell;Documents_Lenovo;OldDatabases;Scree nToGif;VPProjects;Zoom

File List: ArchaeologicalInfoYoutube.PNG;AttempttoAddSampleRe cord.png;BenJanewayBC10316273.pdf;BigBird.PNG;btnA rtefact.PNG;CaptureGmailWindowArthur.PNG;CatWithRa ccoon.jpg;classes-acc2000plus_di-mgt.com.au.accdb;ClassTutorialRelated.accdb;Client MultiSample2kAllenBrowne.accdb;Comparison02VladTom .accdb;ConCatWithSortOrderParm3Populated.PNG;Conti nuousCascadingCombo_Ajax.accdb;CrystalBall.png;Cus tomersAndInvoices.png;CustomersAndOrders.png;daccd b.txt;Database v 11MOrig.accdb;Database v 13 - blankJ.accdb;Database v 13.1 - Query tests_J.accdb;Database v 13.2 - New queries_J.accdb;Database1.accdb;DataPig1.png;Datap ig2.png;Datapig3.png;DaveEyeLids.png;DavePetersRoo fQuote29Apr-22(1084968).pdf;DBAnswers_DocMgmt.png;DBFormatUpgr ader_JEDFeb2022.accdb;DBFormatUpgrader_JEDFeb2022_ Backup.accdb;DBFormatUpgrader_JEDFeb2022_Backup1.a ccdb;DepositSample.PNG;EmailToPaulREAcc97.PNG;Empl oyeeRoleGapAnalysis.PNG;EntityRelationships Modelling _from www.databasedesign.co.uk_bookdatabasesafirstcourse _chap3_chap3.htm.docx;ErdPlusTest1v01
    .accdb;errror.PNG;Euro.PNG;filedialogdropdown.png; Files.txt;fisherPic.PNG;ForTom001.zip;ForTomFoundw ordStuff.zip;FSORecursiveMoke64.accdb;functionXEbo okResources.PNG;GenClass.accdb;GenClass_01.accdb;G enClass_02.accdb;GenClass_03.accdb;GenClass_03_Bac kup.accdb;GenClass_03_BackupMar11.accdb;GenClass_0 3_BackupMar17.accdb;GenClass_04.accdb;GenClass_04_ Backup.accdb;GenealogyTemplate.accdb;GeneratorInst ructionsDec2021.docx;GMapV2014Aug01.accdb;Google-OrgChart_V1.000.accdb;Inspection_ZydelceticoLarryE _AWF.accdb;LK Tables v02Vlad_J.accdb;MDBLog_CDrive.txt;MDBLog_CDriveBac kupMar2022.txt;MichaelDatabase v 11_J.accdb;ModemInfoForWIFINetwork.PNG;ModemLogNov Dec2021_JED.txt;ModificationJack.accdb;MultiAddr.p ng;MultipleOptionGroupsRJD.accdb;MyLaptopSpec.PNG; NamesIssues.txt;NetAdaptW.PNG;OrgChart1.PNG;PlainT extAfterALink.PNG;ProjectCustomerContact.PNG;Quart er.PNG;RandAuto.accdb;Recovered bookmarks with icons.PNG;ReportDraw_Chemistry_s4p.zip;ReportDraw_ Chemistry_s4p_220607.accdb;SampleFileDateLastModif ied.txt;sampleTopn.png;
    sampleUpdate.png;search2000AllenBrowne.accdb;speed Compare_18Feb22.PNG;supplierCost_Draft.PNG;TabCont rolChangeMouseArnelGP.accdb;TestDaveGri.accdb;Test Parts.accdb;TomJan28.accdb;TomNoDupsWhenSortedConc atRElated.PNG;TomRemoveDupsIfConcatRelatedSorted.P NG;TomSample2DB.PNG;Update 1st Letter QueryJ.accdb;WordWorth.PNG

Item Count: 102

Number of Folders: 8

Number of Read Only: 0

Number of Hidden Files :0

Number of System Files: 0

Number of Archive Ready Files: 94

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.