amegahed3 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

[ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] System Resource Exceeded

Hi all,

I connect to Access from an open source optimization language (GLPK) through ODBC, in order to read some data, which I use as model inputs in GLPK and then I make the GLPK writes outputs back to Access. I use Access 2007 and windows xp.This has been working pretty well, but now for a larger database, I'm able to read the data, but when it comes to writing the outputs back to Access, seems like I'm running into a memory problem; as I get the error: HY001:1:-1011:[Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] System Resource Exceeded.

To give you an idea on how I connect through ODBC, I do the following: I have a .dsn file called d2.dsn which has the following lines written in it:

[ODBC]
    DRIVER=Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)
    DBQ=./my_database.mdb

I call this file each time I need to read from or write to a certain table in the database my_database.mdb. An example is the following (that is part of my GLPK code):

table bom_jpvt IN "ODBC"
    'FileDSN=.\d2.dsn;READONLY=FALSE'
    'TransformerTypeAssemblyPeriodBOMProducts' :
    bom_set <-[TransformerTypeID, InputProductID, OutputProductID, PeriodID], bom ~ InputRatio;

So, I have similar lines to this above code for all data inputs that I read, and then for all those that I write back to Access, and the problem as I mentioned above is that when the database is large (put in mind that the same code works perfectly for smaller databases), I get that resource exceeded error. I tried searching for ways to treat that error but all what I found didn't help (some people recommended restarting which didn't change anything, some recommended switching to MySQL (which I wouldn't prefer) and some recommended increasing the memory (I tried it on another machine with higher RAM but nothing changed much)).

Now my questions are:

1. Is there any way I can solve that error? I think either closing each ODBC connection after opening it or decreasing the number of times I open the ODBC connection might help, but I don't know how to do either. Does any of you guys know how I can do either, using the same framework I'm using?? or do you know of any other ideas to overcome that error?

2. I'm thinking that, maybe, switching to windows 7 (64 bit windows) might help, as that would give me more access to memory maybe. I tried so, but I was not able to ever connect to ODBC on windows 64 bit, as there seems to be 2 drivers for ODBC under 64 bit windows, and I don't know how to connect to the 64 bit driver, again using the same framework I'm currently doing (the one described above).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

Aly

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    wait for an answer here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...d.php?t=200112

the chance for response is greater there. don't cross post.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Maybe this one already did:

http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/ODB...-t1954282.html

Or perhaps the other one I saw (I saw 4 sites within a minute of each other).

cross posters
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

amegahed3 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Well, thanks for the reply. Yes, I cross posted, but that was mainly because I didn't get replies (I posted that some time ago as well). Anyway, please discard my message here.

Thanks,

Aly

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.