bfruge is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016

Customize Text Display for Reports

I have a list of items that users select when filling out a form. They are labeled with a numerical code for sorting purposes for our reports. Ex: 01-Youth Small Shirt, 02- Youth Med Shirt, etc. They are coded to put them in a custom sort order for me. The issue is that when they display on the report, they are displayed with the code in front, which looks like a qty. Ex: 05-Adult Med is only 1 adult med shirt, not 5 shirts. I would like to change the display text for these list items to Just the Text part, omitting the numerical part. I have found some info regarding formatting the number of characters, but all of them have different #of characters, so that would not work for me. So, in short, on my report, I would like 01-Youth Small to display as Youth Small. 02-Youth Med as Youth Med. etc.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    This is why discrete data should be in separate fields, not jammed into one. It is easier to concatenate than parse.

Expression in textbox using string manipulation functions to parse:

=Mid([fieldname], InStr([fieldname], "-") + 1)
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bfruge is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016
    I receive a circular error when using that expression. Field name is UDExhibitor-List2. Expression is =Mid([UDExhibitor-List2], InStr([UDExhibitor-List2], "-") + 1)

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Name textbox different from field, such as tbxUDE. When you do this, the expression will change to the new textbox name and have to edit it back to using field name.

Advise not to use punctuation/special characters in naming convention.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.