martyo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Conditional Formatting not working with one rule but working with another rule

I have 2 simple rules on a text box control. If the value is >= 120% the text is formatted red, if the value is <= 80% the text box is formatted with blue shading. The values greater than 120% work fine, but the values less that 80% will not format as blue shading. In addition, both rules work fine with reports with this same conditional formatting that only have one query within the report query... it seems the reports where I have multiple queries within the report query is where I'm having a problem.

I have tried everything.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Marty

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by "multiple queries within the report query"? No idea why more complicated query would cause issue.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

martyo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Conditional Formatting not working with one rule but working with another rule-attached db

What do you mean by "multiple queries within the report query"?
    Sorry, I guess that was vague. On report "rptCampusTotals_Summary_N_4a and 4b_landscape" the control source is "
    qryCampusTotals_Summary_N_Opt_4a" which has one table joined with several queries. This is the one that the conditional formatting for the blue shading rule is not working.
    On report "
    rptCampusTotals_ELZN_NORTH_LANDSCAPE" the control source is "qryCampusTotals_ELZN_NORTH_wTrnfs" which has one table joined with one query. This one works just fine.
    They both have the same simple conditional rules.
    Thanks for taking a look.
    Marty
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field formats the same?
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have tried everything.
    I have yet to see a situation where this was true.
    Conditional formatting of background color will not work when the control background is set to transparent.
    Last edited by Micron; 05-08-2022 at 08:16 AM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    You certainly seem to have designed your tables like spreadsheets (wide) rather than tall (relational database style). We call that 'suffering from Excelitis'. It's one reason why you're forced to create so many queries. Instead of one query that can use area criteria, you need a query for every area because different areas are in different fields of the same table (one of which has no primary key). That and using real data as PK fields but having no relationships set means you can end up with orphaned records where the related records are no longer "linked" to the main record if the main record key value is edited. You might want to research 'database normalization' and start over if it convinces you to do so. Otherwise, I see more problem posts in your future!
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.

martyo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Conditional Formatting not working with one rule but working with another rule - SOLVED!

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    I have yet to see a situation where this was true.
    Conditional formatting of background color will not work when the control background is set to transparent.
    That's it!! Thank you so much!! I thought I had checked everything.

Marty

martyo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    This is a special situation where Access is linked to a table in our GIS mapping software where we use a redistricting tool and that tool limits the ability to normalize for this situation. But thank you for taking the time to respond. Another post suggested that I check the background setting on the fields, and that they are not set to transparent, and that solved my issue when I set them as Normal

Thanks,
    Marty

Windows 10 Access 2016
    that tool limits the ability to normalize for this situation.
    Again, seldom true. The "fix" for such incoming data constraints is to leave the source layout as is, either via linked tables in Access, or an Access table that replicates the layout. Then you use update/append queries to put things in their proper places within Access tables that you normalized. There are many benefits to doing this, the least of which might be that you're able to create one query and one report for umpteen area searches.
    Another post suggested that I check the background setting on the fields, and that they are not set to transparent,
    You mean in another forum? Because I did mention that here.
    Last edited by Micron; 05-08-2022 at 10:22 AM. Reason: clarification

martyo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    It was a reply in this forum to my original post.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.