Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Raveen1609 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi, Thanks very much. Yes Post#10 has been resolved. Please help me on the following issues.

1. AutoNumber for Invoice ID is not working well, so I have created a field for counting Bill numbers. I use
    Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
    BillNo = DMax("BillNo", "Invoice Table") + 1
    End Sub

On loading the new form new record, I setfocus on Clock1 Field. OnExit the clock1 field, the bill number is adding +1 and it is working fine. Now the problem is when I click go to previous record navigation button, the counter is adding another empty record with the next number and then going back to previous record. Another record is created without datas and only with the BillNumber.

2. In the sales receipt after selecting and entering the required products in few rows, I need to set focus to the printing command button in the Form footer section, which I am not able figure out. Everytime after completing the receipt, I need to use mouse to click on the button, whereas I need to use tab / Enter Keyboard, for directly going to the cmdPrint button. so that I can use entirely keyboard to complete the invoicing. Avoid using mouse to speed up invoicing.

Thanks

Kindly help

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    1. You show code for BeforeInsert event, not clock1 OnExit. Why would exit of clock1 generate bill number?

2. I like to do the same thing with form design. Can set up command button to use Alt+key to trigger by using & character in button caption: &OPEN REPORT FOR PRINT . Now the O has an underscore and Alt + O can trigger button click. Place the & character in front of whatever letter you want. So if multiple button captions begin with same letter, place the & somewhere else in caption string.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    FWIW, Save & Close would be &Save && Close
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.