Glenley is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Office 365

Distributed ACCDE file w/VBA not working on one specific PC

I have one PC in our office that disables the VBA in a distributed ACCDE file. All other PC's in the office run the files just fine. I have checked the macro settings in trust center and set the trusted locations. I'm at a loss now about what to check next. Could it possibly be a Windows security setting? For context, we are running MS Access front end files with tables linked to a SharePoint site

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    presume the file is actually in a trusted location? Also presume that user has enabled VBA to run? And the folder where the file is located is not readonly?

Windows 10 Office 365
    Correct. This PC has been running my distributed files for about six months. The problem started today. And it happens to be my boss's computer, go figure. I always make sure to compile before sending anything out and always make sure there are not any empty event shells in the editor. Now my boss is rather notorious for clicking on things that he doesn't understand and creating lots of unnecessary work for me but I've checked everywhere I can think to look. The front desk runs these files files without a hitch

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Are you quite sure it is the vba that is disabled? Do you get any sort of error message? Have you tried reinstalling the FE? Also have you tried decompile/recompile to remove the hidden vba trash?

found a number of links about this issue by googling 'access vba disabled in .accde' - here is an example
    https://www.devhut.net/ms-access-bug...-run-as-accde/

MS have been doing all sorts of updates recently, it may be that is having an impact. So is you boss on the same version of access as everyone else? and what version(s) are you running?

Windows 10 Office 365
    I assume that's the problem. I created a custom manager menu for him that he has been using this entire time. It has about 15 different buttons with docmd.openform programmed into them with about three of those buttons having macros instead of VBA. the ones with macros still work but the ones with VBA do not. We are all running Office 365 with Windows 10. I checked to make sure his Office apps were up to date but I didn't check to see if Windows was updated yesterday. Thank you for the link, I'll check it out. I'm obviously missing something, it just seems so strange to me that his computer is the only one having the problem

Windows 10 Office 365
    I assume that's the problem. I created a custom manager menu for him that he has been using this entire time. It has about 15 different buttons with docmd.openform programmed into them with about three of those buttons having macros instead of VBA. the ones with macros still work but the ones with VBA do not. We are all running Office 365 with Windows 10. I checked to make sure his Office apps were up to date but I didn't check to see if Windows was updated yesterday. Thank you for the link, I'll check it out. I'm obviously missing something, it just seems so strange to me that his computer is the only one having the problem

Windows 10 Office 365
    Solved! I have the reference library for Topaz SigLite signature pad installed on the office computers. Somehow the installed file had become corrupted on his computer. I reinstalled the file and it fixed everything

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.