uchiha37 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Sorting a questionnaire by gender

I have a questionnaire which I need to separate into male and female. I have to look at what answers males gave and what answers females gave. How would I go about doing this? The data was originally in Excel, but I imported that. The data I have at the moment includes:

Survey Impression (Every person who completed the survey has a unique impression ID, so one user 16 impression ID, as one impression is equal to one question on the questionnaire)

Completed to step (How far they have completed the survey until, goes up to 16)

Question number

Answered choice number (This would be the choice on the questionnaire that they answered)

Answered choice (The actual text of that answer)

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some tips or a heads up on where I should begin, I have been doing it for a few hours now and haven't really got anywhere. Thanks.

michaeljohnh is offline More Human than Human
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, sounds like a simple query will do it.

I'm presuming you have a field that retained their gender. For purposes of this example let's say that field is named Gender.

Click on the query button, choose the table that has their gender. Drop all the fields into the query. In the criteria row of the Gender column in quotes enter what you used to denote gender (ie, "M" or "Male") and then run the query. The results will be all the male responses. Rinse and repeat the above steps replacing the criteria with F or Female. The results will be the female responses.
    Last edited by michaeljohnh; 10-07-2010 at 07:38 AM. Reason: editted for clarity

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.