chrisleng is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Continuous Form in Access Runtime doesn't have the data aware filter options, how can I enable this?

when I open my Accde on a PC with Access installed I can open the continuous form and right click on any field to start filtering it, this makes it quick and easy to make forms with many fields to filter and work on without having to hard code filter options onto buttons on the form etc,

However I've noticed if I open my Accde on a PC with Runtime, there is no right click dialogue,

I've started down the "Set cmbRightClick = CommandBars.Add("cmdFormFiltering", msoBarPopup, False, True)" route, however this isn't data aware, so where a date field gives a whole host of handy period options etc, I can't easily recreate that,

What's the best workaround for this?

Also on a more generic level, if this is a bit of an X/Y problem, what's the easiest way to let users filter a continuous form?

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    some options don't show in runtime.
    if you can still design it, add a text box in the header to do the filtering:

Code:
    sub btnFind_click()
    Code:
    sWhere = "1=1"
    if not isnull(cboState) then   sWhere = sWhere & " and [state]='" & cboState & "'"
    if not IsNull(txtName) then    sWhere = sWhere & " and [Name]='" & txtName & "'"
    if not IsNull(cboGender) then    sWhere = sWhere & " and [Gender]='" & cboGender & "'"

'then filer
    if sWhere = "1=1" then
       me.filterOn = false
    else
       me.filter = sWhere
       me.filterOn = true
    endif
    end sub

chrisleng is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    oh, I thought I replied, the problem with that is i've got 20 fields, I've already been down that slippery slope with another form and probably have 200+ lines of filter management code I never want to have to deal with again, I'd really just like a right click dialogue that works

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    runtime has a number of missing features, the primary ones being navigation window, a reduced ribbon and as you have discovered, right click menus.

You will have to write your own shortcut menu(s) to replace them - see this link

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...u-in-ms-access

I think the ID for filtering is 10068

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.