Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

???
    "in case if need to update selected record." If you have to update that record, then this is separate from the Double Click event. Hpw do you (or user) know if an update is required?

"when I try to populate fRequest form all combo boxes on this form don't display data" Why would you expect the comboboxes to be populated - do you have explicit code to select values for each combo?

"when double click event executed all controls in the fRequest form should be get data from fInventory form."The rowsource of the listbox
    Code:
    SELECT qReqDevLoc.RequestID
    , qReqDevLoc.Date
    , qReqDevLoc.[Employee Name]
    , qReqDevLoc.TicketNo AS [Ticket#]
    , qReqDevLoc.Amount
    , qReqDevLoc.Department
    , qReqDevLoc.Device
    , qReqDevLoc.Model
    , qReqDevLoc.Location
    FROM qReqDevLoc;
    does not have values for all controls on fRequest. You need more code or manual intervention to populate those controls on fRequest.

You continue to describe the double click and fInventory and fRequest in database terms.
    Can you step back and tell us what "business process(es)" this series of forms and events is suppose to support in simple English?

When you were given requirements, nobody said I want to double click a listbox and xxxxxx will happen.
    Someone said something long the lines of "we get requests from 'clients?' who want some equipment installed/moved to some location."

eugzl is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks for research of the problem. Of cause in most cases you are right. The code of double click event
    Code:
            stDocName = "fRequest"
            stLinkCriteria = "RequestID= " & lstRequest.Column(0)
            DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , stLinkCriteria, , , FormArg
    Like I understand that code says open record in fRequest form where RequestID equal value of the Column(0) in the ListBox which is also RequestID. In that case if I asked open record with according RequestID so rowsource of fRequest form should be find and populate controls with data according value RequestID. And in the rowsourse of the ListBox most important only value of the Column(0) . Are you agree? The rowsources of the cboDevice and cboLocation has criteria. That why they didn't populated.
    I will be appreciate if you will show how to use the source for the same ComboBox with criteria in case if need to create record and without criteria in case if need update record at the same form. If it is possible.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by eugzl; 01-12-2022 at 09:36 PM.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Please respond to the questions I have posed.

When I doubleclick on first3 last3 only cboDepartment is populated. The other combos are not populated in fRequest.

eugzl is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Exactly. I created Test form and new queries as source for cboDevice and cboLocation. The same like was before but without criteria parameters. And then ran double click from ListBox. As a resulrt all bound controls in fRequest form was populated.
    Now question. Is possible to create the source for the same ComboBox with criteria in case if need to create record and without criteria in case if need update record at the same form? If yes. Can you show how it to do?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.