DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
    End If
    I would use
    Code:
    If (Me.Dirty) Then
          Me.Dirty = False
    End If
    See Docmd.Runcommand accmdsaverecord vs Me.Dirty = False
    Steve, I'm helping the OP with a Microsoft template. There is SO MUCH inappropriate and confusing code and macros in those templates. I've worked on ALL of them, converting dozens of IDs into more conventional _PK and _FK names, cleaning up code converted from embedded macros to VBA, removing attachments, table lookups, and plain logic errors. After that, I needed to correct the row sources dozens of comboboxes, and fix myriads of queries containing different data names. It's a work in progress.
    I modified the current template, time and billing, with major enhancements for a forum user early last year. We exchanged 169 emails to get it right. That DB had a lot of the above corrections applied, but needed the enhancements stripped out to suit the current OP.

To get a functional DB for the current poster, I anticipate dozens of message exchanges, code fixes and form/report changes, all requiring a path forward without sidetracks. That's why I mentioned a PM in post #5 with the intent of exchanging email addresses. This DB is nowhere near ready for prime time and I hope the OP will work with me via regular email, as 169 forum posts is not practical.
    I appreciate your good intent, but suggesting changes to one line of the template's original code to a different equivalent format is a drop in the ocean at this point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    @davegri
    My bad. I should have specified that my post was directed toward the OP, not you, as a better way to save a record. Granted, it is only one small tip, but every little bit helps. At least it does for me - I need every tip I can get.

I agree with you about the Microsoft templates. They are perfect examples of how NOT to create databases. And I know you will spend hours fixing the issues to help someone: I've seen you do to many times.
    However, instead of spanking me publicly, I would have sent a PM requesting you to back out of the thread so as not cause confusion (even though you are switching to email instead of PMs). In the future, if I have responded to a thread and you post after me, I will immediately back out. If you have posted in a thread, I will not post in that thread. I might read the thread, if that is OK..... Fair enough?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh yeah, hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

akechag is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you Very much all members for helping me with this database. Especially Thank you Davegri.
    Database update:
    it is now running stable, i will use it for a while and when i am a little better with access i will try to implement a couple of additional features.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.