Steven19 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Report Design Help Required

Hello all.

I have a Report I need to design, but need advice on how to get it to work to my expectations.

So I need a main report.

This will gather information from one set of tables, it will include details such as the company etc.
    Then I need a sub report. This report will have the details of all the current directors of the company.
    Then I need a second sub report which will have specific company registrations.

Layout is easy.

Just the issue I have is that when I run the report after initially designing it, The First Sub Report, will replicate duplicate reports based on the number of directors for the company, so if I have one Director, I get a good report showing, company, Director, and Company Registrations.

However if I have 2 Directors, I get Company Details, Directors Details for the first and second director and the Company Registrations, excellent, but then I get a copy of that same report.

I have tried grouping the Primary Key for the Directors and Keep Together to see if that works, but it does not, so I need advice on things to consider and design ideas with regards to building a better database.

I can not send a copy of the database because it is presently a database in use, and is over 10MB just on the front end.

Questions/ Suggestions much appreciated for what I should consider, look for to remove this duplication issue.

Regards

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    the subreports do link on CoID.
    set the query of the report , set the property to UNIQUE VALUES = true, to not get duplicates.

Steven19 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit
    So I had a look back on the control sources of the reports and found that. The control source for the main report was asking virtually the same as a sub report, so I re-designed the query to remove the issue.

Thanks for your feedback. If you had not mentioned setting values to unique I would have spent an age looking for a needle in a haystack.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.