isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365

YouTube Video on Automatic Form Resizing

As some of you may know, I have been a keen advocate of using Automatic Form Resizing (AFR) for many years.
    Related to this, I ran a session explaining how to use AFR to the US based Lunchtime Access User Group led by Maria Barnes on 28 Sept.

The video was expertly edited by Crystal Long (thank you!) & uploaded to YouTube on Monday. Its certainly getting lots of views - currently 450 in just 5 days!
    It can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgIvCosYtU

For anyone interested in the topic of Automatic Form Resizing (AFR), I've done further development work since I gave this presentation at the end of Sept.

New features include:

• use of AFR with Access navigation forms
    • just today I finally managed to get both AFR and zoom to work with datasheet forms

Both of these features will be included when I do another presentation on AFR to the UK Access User Group seminar provisionally scheduled for early Jan as either a live or online event. It was due to take place yesterday (4 Nov) but unfortunately had to be cancelled for COVID-related reasons.

UPDATE:
    If anyone would like a copy of the latest version (3.4) of the AFR example app and/or the PowerPoint presentation used in the video, please click ShowMore in the description below the video to find download links for each of these items. If you find the video useful, I would be great if you could 'like' the video and a comment as feedback. Many thanks

In another shameless bit of promotion, I'm also running a session on Controlling the Application Interface to the Eastern Time Access User Group organised by Dale Fye. The session will be on Fri 17 Dec from 09:00-10:00 US Eastern Time (ET) which is 14:00-15:00 GMT.

I hope some of you can make one or both of those sessions

EDIT:
    For more info on future online sessions of the various Access User Groups, visit https://accessusergroups.org/.
    All sessions are completely free for anyone to attend and are uploaded to You Tube a few weeks after the event

Last edited by isladogs; 11-06-2021 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Extra info/link
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Colin, if you're not an Access MVP yet, I have to ask those responsible "Why the h-e-double hockey sticks not??"
    Regards,
    Micron.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Thanks for the comment. Reply to follow by PM
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

Windows 10 Office 365
    I've just added an UPDATE to post #1 to make it easier for anyone who wants to download the latest version of the example app

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.