We use MS Access 2000 on a network with multiple users.

We have one database that has Common Tables. We set up user-level security on this: one Administrator & Read-Only Users.

We have another database, Changes, that users log changes. So in this database users need to read, update, insert, delete. So we set up user-level security: one Administrator & Full Data Users. This database contains linked tables from the Common Tables database.

When the user tried to view the linked table via Changes, an error was received: "You don't have the necessary permissions to use the <name> object. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you."

As Administrator, I researched this on the MS-Access Site and it said (for Access 2000):
No Open/Run permissions on source database.
No Read Data permissions on table in source database needed to have

I have verified that the user groups - Full Data Users & Read Only Users - both have these 2 permissions in both databases - so why won't it open the linked table??

If anyone could help, that'd be much appreciated!!

(MS-Access is great, but my gosh, the security aspect is so unintuitive and there's just not enough detailed help available for it.)