JMR is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Unhappy Tab Key on KB causing Access to crash when report is opened.

Very strange. i have an Access 2019 report that opens just fine and filters and prints fine and closes fine, but if I open it and then the very first action is to hit the Tab Key on my KB, it crashes Access. I have all fields set to not be in the Tab Stop, so theoretically, the Tab Key should not do anything. Using Windows 10 Pro with all updates and Access 2019, and the same issue occurs on all Computers, every time.

If I set the Grouping BEFORE the sorting, then the crash no longer happens, but then the report does not sort properly.

There is a BE and FE, so if you want to check this out, you will have to reconnect them after downloading them on to your PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I cant attach the files here, but I will email you a much reduced version of the full DB, FE and BE, that has the single report that is causing this issue.

I would appreciate any help. I would be available by phone or screen-share session if that would make it easier.

Thanks!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You should be able to attach file to post if it is a less than 2GB zip. Did attach files to cross post https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...report.319869/
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    WGM, not the first time for JMR either. One or two JMR threads left hanging here too, probably because of solutions given elsewhere.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.