6thDAY is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Weird Behaviors Filtering a Report in a Navigation Form

I have a Navigation Form with multiple tabs. Each tab contains a subform with a different report, as well as buttons. In one of my tabs, I have a report that I want to filter based on a certain criteria. I created a combo box on top of the report, which filters all items in the report based on a criteria.

Assume we're on the specific tab mentioned, the diagram looks something like this:

I have the following code in the Subform containing the combo box filter and report, with let's say the values in the combo box are 1-5. :

Code:
    Private rpt As Report

Private Sub Form_Load()
        Set rpt = Me.subreport_TestReport.Report
    End Sub

Private Sub comboBox_FilterByID_AfterUpdate()

rpt .Filter = "ID = " & Me.comboBox_FilterByID
        rpt .FilterOn = True

End Sub

I encounter the following issue with the above code as soon as I select a value in the combo box filter:

I updated the code:

Code:
    Private Sub comboBox_FilterByID_AfterUpdate()

Me.subreport_TestReport.Report.Filter = "ID = " & Me.comboBox_FilterByID
        Me.subreport_TestReport.Report.FilterOn = True

End Sub

Now, the report filters based on whatever value I select from the combo box, but I encounter the following issues where the value I select does not populate in the combo box, but instead, the value is populated with the "last" value I selected, not the current one. Secondly, every other value I select to filter, I receive this error:

The above error points me to the following code:

Code:
    Me.subreport_TestCasesBCR.Report.FilterOn = True

I don't know what's causing this issue and I posted the same issue on StackOverflow, but all I was told was to avoid using a Navigation Form. Unfortunately I cannot re-factor the code.

Anyone know what is causing this issue?

Please see download link for demo of issue: https://www.file.io/download/KiEFLdvY2nvH

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hard to co-relate the image to the code so do your object references follow this syntax?
    Forms![main navigation form].[NavigationSubform].Form

Access defaults the name of the subform to [main navigation form] and the sub container name to [NavigationSubform] IIRC. I'd also question the space that you have rpt as in rpt .filter

Hopefully you're also aware that a nav form only loads one form at a time, so if you switch tabs, one closes and another opens so not possible to refer to another navigation subform from another. Probably not the reason why it complains that the object is closed or doesn't exist - more likely your syntax I'd say.

Not sure I see the value in the first few lines of code when you can just have
    Forms![main navigation form].[NavigationSubform].Form.Filter = Me.comboBox_FilterByID
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

6thDAY is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Hard to co-relate the image to the code so do your object references follow this syntax?
    Forms![main navigation form].[NavigationSubform].Form

Access defaults the name of the subform to [main navigation form] and the sub container name to [NavigationSubform] IIRC. I'd also question the space that you have rpt as in rpt .filter

Hopefully you're also aware that a nav form only loads one form at a time, so if you switch tabs, one closes and another opens so not possible to refer to another navigation subform from another. Probably not the reason why it complains that the object is closed or doesn't exist - more likely your syntax I'd say.

Not sure I see the value in the first few lines of code when you can just have
    Forms![main navigation form].[NavigationSubform].Form.Filter = Me.comboBox_FilterByID
    I tried your suggestion, using the syntax at the last paragraph, but Access was still giving me the same error.

I've temporarily fixed causing the run-time error '2467', but the issue of the current value in the combo box remains.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.