ga_craig is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Problem with update and delete queries on linked tables when I updated to MS 365 Access from Access

I upgraded from MS Access 2016 to Microsoft Access via Office 365. I am now having problems with my update and delete queries on linked tables. Appends work fine on the linked tables. I am only able to update or delete on these linked tables by entering a criteria like last name, and doing one record at a time. Try to do multiple causes MS Access to crash. What a pain, any solutions? ... Gary

Windows 10 Office 365
    I forgot to add that I connect to the Oracle DB via ODBC. Using Oracle 11 Client Software. The DB is Oracle 12.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Before we blame Access, were you using the exact same driver and Oracle back-end version and the same bitness of Access (32 vs 64) in your 2016 installation that was working properly?
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Other problem may be that you have not specified a unique id

Windows 10 Office 365
    Sorry, I did accidentally post in multiple forums. My solution was to go to Oracle Client Version 18. I have noticed that I had I had to re-link any table that is used in a query, coming from Oracle, or I would get the same error, even though the ODBC Data Source has the same name. I guess it was good that this came up, forcing me to go to a new version or Oracle Client. Took some getting used to, but the newer Oracle it much easier to install. No need to run a setup program, but rather just download files. I did copy over the SqlNet.ORA and TnsNames.ORA from the old Oracle setup. You must download Oracle 18 and the ODBC files to the same directory, then run the ODBC Install executable. Have the System Variable Path point to this directory that you put all the files in. Thanks for the help guys ... Gary

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.