Merlin S is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

No Thousands Separator setting in SharePoint list ignored in linked ACCESS table

I have a database with multiple tables linked to SharePoint lists. In some of the number fields I have selected "No" in more options for "Use thousands separator". The numbers are correctly displayed in the SharePoint lists but they still display with the thousands separator in the linked table in Access. I have refreshed the links with no success. I even tried change a linked table to local, renaming it and establishing a new link with no change. Can anyone help me figure out why the formatting isn't showing up in the linked tables in Access?

Thank You,
    Merlin S

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Did you set the number format of the Access table field to Fixed or General?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Merlin S is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Number Format

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Did you set the number format of the Access table field to Fixed or General?
    You cannot make any changes in settings in ACCESS to a table that is linked to a SharePoint list or for that matter linked to any other source. Changes are made at the source and should therefore show up in the table linked to the list.
    Merlin S.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry, I retired before I was ever faced with linking to Sharepoint. If you're using forms instead of looking directly at tables (linked or otherwise) then you should be able to format the control(s) as I noted. Also, it is possible to link to SP lists but then copy the list data into native Access tables, whose fields you can impose a format on. That may not be suitable if your lists are somewhat volatile.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    your formatting is in the source table in a different system. Formatting is a property and often will not transfer via a link which brings through the underlying data. So far as I am aware, "Use thousands separator" is not a property recognised by Access.

I would look at the linked table in design mode, you can't change anything but you can at least see what datatype the field has been interpreted as.

If it is a number then you need to know the type of number and you will need to set the format property in a query, form or report which references the table.

Would be helpful to have some examples of the numbers you are having problems with - presumably 4 digits or more but does it include a decimal value?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.