Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
If your repeated text data is on a regular cycle that you can predict ... Then put all the values into a table ...
excellent suggestion. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by moke123 View Post
Not knowing the criteria for the 32 day cycle...
these are all very good suggestions, thank you very much indeed. the reason the texts cycle every thirty two days is that I collect data on specific countries, and there are thirty two countries in my set and I spend one day on each country at a time. but occasionally I get to do two countries in a day because there is nothing to collect from the first. the texts are just the adjective-form of the country name plus some fixed text. and, my supervisor puts a flag on the country table to indicate which country is due today. so I could just use her flag to indicate the country and concatenate the texts in a query. one query for each text, an extra for a blank option, then bang them in a union query and use that to power the combo-box. then I can do away with the extra table I created and this will all make me look very clever when it was you guys doing the clever stuff all along.

cheers guys.

Cottonshirt