Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Amyfb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    60

    how to clear a parameter dialog box that isn't connected to any parameter.

    I have a report (rptDatasets) that throws up a dialog box referring to a field that has been deleted from both the underlying table as well as the report design.



    I have opened every single query and checked the parameters box - none of the queries has a parameter set.

    I don't know where this is coming from and I don't know how to make it go away.

    Any ideas welcome.

    zipped db file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,653
    Your report recordsource property contains a sql statement that has that field in the sql yet there is no such field in the table.

    EDIT - BTW, that's not a guess, it's a fact.
    - "doesn't work" doesn't help. Implement changes in copies of your database.
    Iím telling everyone it's good to eat dried grapes. Itís all about raisin awareness.

  3. #3
    ranman256's Avatar
    ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    8,980
    its usu always misspelled field, or missing field.

  4. #4
    davegri's Avatar
    davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,854
    You didn't mention the name of the field being sought but it's probably this one which is in the recordsource of the report, but does not exist in the table:

    Code:
    SELECT tblVersionStatus.VersionStatus_Name, [tblDocuments].DATASET_NAME, tblVersions.VersionNumber, tblVersions.Revision, tblVersions.Version_Change_Date, tblLocations.Location_Name, tblLocations.Location_Details, tblDocuments.DOCUMENT_NUMBER FROM tblVersionStatus INNER JOIN (tblDocuments INNER JOIN (tblLocations INNER JOIN tblVersions ON tblLocations.[Location_ID] = tblVersions.[fkFile_Location]) ON [tblDocuments].DATASET_ID=tblVersions.fkDataset_ID) ON tblVersionStatus.VersionStatus_ID = tblVersions.fkVersionStatus ORDER BY [tblDocuments].DATASET_NAME;

  5. #5
    Amyfb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Your report recordsource property contains a sql statement that has that field in the sql yet there is no such field in the table.

    EDIT - BTW, that's not a guess, it's a fact.
    Many thanks. That was an easy edit, but I doubt I'd have ever found it on my own. I would have just recreated the report and never known what made a new one work correctly.

    THis was good experience and will help me troubleshoot more effectively in the future.

    thanks again.

  6. #6
    Amyfb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    60
    thanks! I saw Micron's reply before yours; good eyes on both of you!

    Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    You didn't mention the name of the field being sought but it's probably this one which is in the recordsource of the report, but does not exist in the table:

    Code:
    SELECT tblVersionStatus.VersionStatus_Name, [tblDocuments].DATASET_NAME, tblVersions.VersionNumber, tblVersions.Revision, tblVersions.Version_Change_Date, tblLocations.Location_Name, tblLocations.Location_Details, tblDocuments.DOCUMENT_NUMBER FROM tblVersionStatus INNER JOIN (tblDocuments INNER JOIN (tblLocations INNER JOIN tblVersions ON tblLocations.[Location_ID] = tblVersions.[fkFile_Location]) ON [tblDocuments].DATASET_ID=tblVersions.fkDataset_ID) ON tblVersionStatus.VersionStatus_ID = tblVersions.fkVersionStatus ORDER BY [tblDocuments].DATASET_NAME;

  7. #7
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,653
    FWIW, another place the issue can hide besides a record source is in calculated controls.

    EDIT- I just realized my first post (answer) was as if you had posted the prompt when in fact I saw it in the db.
    - "doesn't work" doesn't help. Implement changes in copies of your database.
    Iím telling everyone it's good to eat dried grapes. Itís all about raisin awareness.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. enter parameter value dialog box
    By exupery in forum Queries
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 06:22 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2016, 11:00 PM
  3. Clear a Parameter Form
    By Huddle in forum Access
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 07:58 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 05:34 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Other Forums: Microsoft Office Forums