pdanes is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Graphic fonts in RTF

I have an unbound RTF textbox, and I would like to display some odd characters in among the normal text. Although the RTF textbox has the standard complement of formatting controls, and Webdings and Wingdings are among the fonts offered, selecting those fonts has no effect.

In both code and by hand, the RTF control refuses to accept these fonts. But it takes others, and when I manually format the field to Wingdings on the properties sheet, I can then change sections of the text to a normal font, or at least some normal fonts - not even all those. But I can't even then change them back to the Wingdings that were originally specified on the properties sheet.

Other RTF properties slide through just fine - color, size, underline, italics. Is there some special trick to getting these fonts into an RTF field?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I set control to Wingdings font. I type and displays Wingdings. I change the RTF editor font to Tahoma and type and display alpha characters. I find that to now get Wingdings I have to select empty space following the alpha characters then type and now Wingdings show. Certainly not intuitive.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

pdanes is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I set control to Wingdings font. I type and displays Wingdings. I change the RTF editor font to Tahoma and type and display alpha characters. I find that to now get Wingdings I have to select empty space following the alpha characters then type and now Wingdings show. Certainly not intuitive.
    Sorry - my brain dead. I don't know what's wrong with the manual change. As you say, it acts strangely. But my main goal is to do it in code, which I was doing incorrectly.

I was using <font name = '...

It's supposed to be <font face = '...

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.