lhanley22 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Enter Paramter Value Box

I have a dB "waterfront drawing library", a query "searchquery", a form "reference drawing search", a subform "searchquery". "Reference Drawing Search" searches the database using the "searchquery" using the functions:
    Like "*" & [Forms]![Reference Drawing Search]![Jnametxt] & "*"
    (Jnametxt is a textbox on the "reference drawing form"). The query searches a few fields on "waterfront drawing library" using the same function structure above. The results of the query are shown on the "searchquery" subform on the "reference drawing search" form

Upon building this search tool, It all worked great. But sometimes if I save and close and re open the file (every form, query is saved and closed separately too), I get the "Enter Parameter Value" box and I have to click through all of the query criteria until I can get to my forms or query. And then the subform does not work. If I go in and rewrite the query and recreate the subform on the main form I can get it to work again. Any idea why this is happening. Also related: I run a "requery" macro on my "reference drawing search" form. And when i'm having the issue explained above, the macro is also not working. I click it and get the: "the command or action Requery isn't available right now" error.

Quite Frustrating. Any help would be appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exampleerror.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	45806

Minty is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    That looks as if the form reference should have [ ] around it as it has spaces in it.

9 out of 10 times this type of error is due to spelling errors/ typos.
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Unless you open a form/report/query in design and alter it, there is nothing to save. Access automatically handles new or edited data in bound forms and editable queries in a few ways, none of which require you to click Save. I'm seeing the mentioned brackets [Forms]![Reference Drawing Search]![Jnametxt] and if this works sometimes and not others, it can't be a mis-spelled control name IMO. I wonder if you have name auto correct enabled in db options and at some point you changed the name of your control or form. The old name might be raising its ugly head behind the scenes. Suggest you compact/repair db and see what happens. The general consensus seems to be to turn off name auto correct.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Consider posting your dB for analysis.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.