Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    rawlstonb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Actually I had it correct with the relationships I'm pretty sure.... I just mislabeled all the primary keys as foreign keys lol.... I misunderstood what you were trying to get me to label it as :P

rawlstonb is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	45850
    OK.... So.... I found a good solution to the search option but I'm stuck on how to implement it because of the table design... the goal is to have one search box that can search through 3 different queries and filter a list box on the form by returning positive primary key results from tblSyncPairs.SyncPairID

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...fields.188663/
    In this design, you create a single table with all your searchable fields and search-as-you-type the string with OR modifiers... simple, clean, effective, easy to implement...

The problem is, I need the search box to search in: tblThemes.Theme, tblMoves.Moves, tblMoves.Effect, tblPassives.Passive, and tblPassives.Effect... and all of these have one-to-many relationships to the tblSyncPairs.SyncPairID that I want the results to filter...

These tables are currently linked in proper one-to-many queries with a Primary Key of tblSyncPairs.SyncPairID in qryMoves, qryPassives, and qryThemes... if I add them all together in one table, they cross-reference each other, as predicted, and create a bagllion records...

OK, SO....

frmSearch is the search form... lstSearch is the listbox I want to filter... txtSearchFor is the visible search-as-you-type box... txtSearchText is the invisible dummy box... (as described in the example I referenced) the listbox is gathering data from qrySearchSyncs...

I need a way for the search text to search the given values in > qryMoves, qryPassives, and qryThemes.... then it needs to take the SyncPairIDs that are left, turn them into Unique Values, and filter qrySearchSyncs...

Is that possible? If so, what's the cleanest way of doing this?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.