mcallisr is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Display Group Footer fields in both the Group Footer AND in the Report Footer

My access report contains several different groups (Sections). The group footer for each contains a total [SumLastReadDiff] of a calculated field [=Sum([CurrPrevDiff]) ] in that group.

This total changes with each group change.

In addition to displaying this total in the group footer, I would like to display each group total AGAIN in the report footer as a summary. i.e. VH – Total, VEN3 – Total, etc

My problem is how to 1. Identify the group and 2. its associated total in the report footer.

If I simply copy [ SumLastReadDiff =Sum([CurrPrevDiff])] to the report footer, I only get the total of the last group in the report and it is not associated with a group name.

A sample of the last page of the report is attached as well as a screen shot of the design page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Report Sample.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	45606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Report Design.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	45605

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016

added link

Just saw this question now and that it has no answer yet. If you haven't solved then there is a couple of things you can try.
    One thing I never do is keep the control names created by a form or report wizard. Rather, I use a standard naming convention, prefacing the field name by type:
    - not Lname, txtLname, txtCurDate not CurDate
    The reason is to remove any possible ambiguity between a control and a field name, especially when it comes to aggregate functions. You can end up summing a field when you want to sum what a control contains.

The other possible fix might be domain aggregate functions such as DSum and not Sum, but those are for summing table values (usually over groups). If these ideas don't help, consider posting a copy of your db which contains just enough to replicate the issue (compacted and zipped) for analysis.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.