Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    roberto21 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Sorry for the late answer, but I have still to digest all the precious info you are bombarding me with.

First of all, the suggestion of Missinglinq is right on target. The table was created importing a sheet from excel, and did not have a primary key. So I reimported it with a primary key, and now the fields are editable. Thank you a lot.
    However, there are many suggestions and objections you wrote that I have to study, because they all seem perfectly reasonable, and in any case I am still learning. You see, the purpose of the form is to allow the user to find (and maybe edit) a record in the table using one of three methods: Card number (Stessera), electronic card number (Stesseraelet) and last name (Scognome). The first two should provide only one result (or none, if the card number is wrong); the third, for which user can also input wildcard characters, may give none, one or more results (same last name or same wildcard chars sequence). I can use unbound combo box for the first two, but I cannot (?I think?) for the last name. I'll think about it, and also about all other ideas to simplify things. Thank you all

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The beauty of the combo box is that it allows for multiple columns so you can add the first name, date of birth, card number, etc. to help pinpoint the right record.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.