sgottfried is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Subform requeries when my cursor passes over any checkboxes in main form!

I am the developer of an application that is about 6 years old. I have recently made some updates, including to the user interface. I am now noticing a strange behavior that I can't figure out. By the way, this application is used on a research vessel to track specimens collected by scientists using a submersible.

I have a main form with some Dive details and a subform with related Specimen details. In the Dive form, there are checkboxes, text fields, and assorted buttons. On the subform, there are similar controls. If I add a specimen in the subform and then my cursor happens to pass over any of the main form checkboxes, the subform will requery and go back to the first specimen for that dive.

I have looked all over for Events on Controls that would do a requery, but I am finding none. I do use vba for much of the programming behind the scene.

None of the buttons or text boxes on the main form cause this to happen. Only the checkboxes or the checkbox labels.

If anyone has any ideas for me of things to look out for, I would be grateful.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    does the subform have the timerinterval >0 (on) ? (any events, timer event)

enter any event in the form and search for REQUERY.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you're only mousing over and this happens, then you must have a mouse move event over the main form or one or more of its controls and that event is coded to requery the subform? A form record will be committed when that record loses focus but this action does not typically requery the form. Look for 'requery' or 'refresh' commands in your code (Ctrl+F). IIRC, applying a new filter or changing a form recordsource will also cause a requery, so if you're doing that at some point you'll end up requerying the form. I suspect it's in a mouse event based on your comments.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Update: I am using Access 2016 on a Windows 10 computer. My profile was very old.

It's so odd that some Event is firing when I only hover over a checkbox or a checkbox label. The labels have no events associated with them. The Checkboxes only have On Click events. All other controls do not cause this requery behavior.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry I posted that reply before seeing the two comments made. I will look in my code for the requery and refresh and the mouse move events.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.