Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Vlad:

Good morning -- thank you for the follow-up... so, now I'm a bit confused now. Allow me to recap:

1. The version from ~ a week ago, resulted in numerous VBA errors (incl. -- if I recall correctly -- a 3371 error).
    2. Based on the mapping at that point, I considered them "scenario 1" and "scenario 2" errors.
    2a. Scenario 1 error: There were duplicate AFSAS fieldnames within the *same product* AND *same source (organization)*
    2b. Scenario 2 error: There were duplicate AFSAS fieldnames within the *same product* but in different sources/organizations.
    3. Per 2b., the scenario 2 errors were fixed first by including the SOURCE_FILE as an additional criteria.
    4. Next, any dups due to scenario 1 were *temporarily* removed (for testing only). At that point, the code executed and all products were created as expected.
    5. It then took me some time to review all mapping issues due to scenario 1 errors. Once remapped, all previously removed/deleted records were added again. At that point, the code executed and all products were created.
    5b. See attached JPG reflecting that there are no dups in the project_tables regardless of scenario 1 or scenario 2.

All that said, prior to opening the yesterday's new post, the VBA executed and all products were created as expected. So, this is why I'm a bit confused now. The introduction of the new code now prevents the same outcome. Is it possible that something (e.g., including "source" to prevent scenario 2 errors) was left out in the added code? Otherwise, why was it working (w/ the same mapping) yesterday but it is no longer working now?

What am I overlooking in this scenario?

Thank you,
    Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SQL Code.JPG  

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Hi Tom,
    Can you please paste this SQL (the first error in the error file) into the query editor and review it? In all cases it seems like there are multiple legacy fields being mapped to one alias field:

SELECT [00_tbl_Master_PK].SOURCE_FILE, CASE_NUMBER, [BLS_BODY_PARTID_MMAC_Tier_1] as INJ_BODY_PART_TIER1_ID,[BLS_BODY_PARTID_Tier_1] as INJ_BODY_PART_TIER1_ID,[BLS_BODY_PARTID_MMAC_Tier_2] as INJ_BODY_PART_TIER2_ID,[BLS_BODY_PARTID_Tier_2] as INJ_BODY_PART_TIER2_ID,[INJURY_DATE] as INJ_ENTRY_DATE,[BLS_ACCIDENT_TYPE_MMAC_Tier_1] as INJ_INJURY_MECHANISM_TIER1_ID,[BLS_ACCIDENT_TYPE_Tier_1] as INJ_INJURY_MECHANISM_TIER1_ID,[BLS_ACCIDENT_TYPE_MMAC_Tier_2] as INJ_INJURY_MECHANISM_TIER2_ID,[BLS_ACCIDENT_TYPE_Tier_2] as INJ_INJURY_MECHANISM_TIER2_ID,[BLS_ACCIDENT_TYPE_MMAC_Tier_3] as INJ_INJURY_MECHANISM_TIER3_ID,[BLS_ACCIDENT_TYPE_Tier_3] as INJ_INJURY_MECHANISM_TIER3_ID,[BLS_INJURY_TYPE_Tier_1] as INJ_INJURY_TYPE_TIER1_ID,[BLS_INJURY_TYPE_Tier_2] as INJ_INJURY_TYPE_TIER2_ID,[BODY_SIDE] as INJ_SIDE_OF_BODY FROM [00_tbl_Master_PK] WHERE [SOURCE_FILE] IN ('MMAC')

If you wish you could send me just the products table to my email in my website (no actual data, just the field names) so I could try to understand what is happening.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Vlad -- thank you... just emailed you the tables (two versions... both of them execute w/ issues in yesterday's Product Generator tool).

Vlad -- your solution to this problem is far better (and more elegant) than I could have ever envisioned it. That is, it completely mitigates the need for the 3-step query analysis.

Thank you again!

Tom

Vlad -- good morning...

I posted a new (but related) post @ https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...283#post478283

I'd welcome any suggestions you may have. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.