Leydet4 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Enter "years out" for expiration query

I have a query created off a table that will have equipment in it with a set expiration date entered by a user.

I want to be able to find out what equipment expires by a certain date the user enters when you run a query.

you can see i have 1 item in the table right now, I would like a box to pop up asking user to enter a date by expiration, then it runs and lists all items that will expire by that date.

A second query and or report not sure what is better is running a list with all items expiring by year, So if i enter a year it will tell me what items will expire....

Please see the attached database

this is my first time using Access and I have definitely learned a lot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Use an input box to get date and use that as criteria in the query as maximum date?

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Leydet4,

Welcome to the forum.
    You mentioned that this is your first time using Access. I recommend that you work through 1 or 2 of the tutorials from RogersAccessLibrary mentioned in this link in my signature.

I suggest, if you have not already done so, that you write a description of the "business" you intend to support with Access and automation. Start at the 30,000 ft level and gradually add details. You'll find/discover details that you hadn't thought of/considered if you jump right into Access. Take some time to build a model, then some sample data and scenarios. Test the model and adjust as necessary. Access, nor any DBMS will not do anything you don't tell it (no matter what the marketing blurbs say) - so take the time to understand WHAT your requirement really is - then use Access to determine HOW to achieve it.

In general Access does not work well with spaces or special characters in field and/or object names --read that as will cause syntax errors in time. Avoid multivalued fields and lookup fields in tables.

Goo luck with your project and Access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.