Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Vlad -- your recommendation is sound/solid. I'll tweak it to disable/enable the "Generate ... " button.

Thank you again,
    Tom

pdanes is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Vlad,

I do decompile/compile regularly - any time I hit a snag with some odd behavior, and always before deploying to the end users. I don't know why MS doesn't put this in as a normal, supported feature - it is so necessary, and so often.

Anyway, I use both DOS batch files and VBS script files to do it for me. Here is the batch version:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" %1 /decompile
    You may have to change Office12 to whatever version you are using, but you simply drag and drop your .accdb file onto this batch file and it will open decompiled.

I keep such a batch file in the same folder with every application I am working on, and usually name it something that will keep it sorted close to the application, so I don't have to scroll around looking for it. Say I'm working on XYZ.accdb, I will place a copy of this batch file in the same folder and name it XYZDecompile.bat

skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Vlad:

Good morning... I posted a new thread at the following URL:
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...027#post478027

This question is very much related but is now in support of generating "data analysis" queries. That is, my AFSAS tables have a fixed # of fields that I need to populate. Depending on how the products table has been populated though, there are cases where I might be missing 2 fields (out of a total 100 fields in ILLNESS) for "Alpha" but I miss 3 fields (out of 100) for "Bravo", etc.

The included sample data provide information on "what I have mapped" + NEW (now called EXTRA) fields but also tells me which, e.g., EXTRA fields are still missing and must be added individually to a specific source.

I'd welcome any input you may have on the process for this data analysis purpose. Again, please check out: https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...027#post478027

Cheers,
    Tom

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.