k82much is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Exporting Report to PDF Not displaying Unbound Data and DLookup values for Labels

I have a form that collects data which then is populated into a report. If you do a print preview (PrintPreview image - right image) everything looks great but when you export to pdf the fields and labels that are not bound to a field in the table that houses the form data it does not display in the pdf (PDF Image - left image).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pdf.PNG   PrintPreview.PNG  

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    dont print the form, print a report.
    forms are for input, reports for output.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    dont print the form, print a report.
    forms are for input, reports for output.

Thanks for the reply. I am printing the report. The print preview is of the a report and the exported pdf is the same report. Unbound data doesn't seem to be exporting.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    How are you populating the unbound controls - as =123 ?
    Report preview gets its data differently from output method, or so I've read. IIRC, you need to populate the unbound controls with a custom function, a function like DLookup, an expression (=Forms!myForm.SomeControl, which requires that form to be open) or bind them.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    How are you populating the unbound controls - as =123 ?
    Report preview gets its data differently from output method, or so I've read. IIRC, you need to populate the unbound controls with a custom function, a function like DLookup, an expression (=Forms!myForm.SomeControl, which requires that form to be open) or bind them.
    I use DLOOKUP. The text field gets populated based on my criteria set in my DLOOKUP. Depending if the client is ours or a 3rd party determines where the company names appear that's the reasoning for not binding them. I looked around and there doesn't seem to be a solution to unbound fields and exporting a report to pdf. As a work around I built a temp table that contains the needed information (doing my if statements in queries) and then binding it to the temp table.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You probably could have bound those fields to calculated query fields. Normally having DLookups in queries isn't advisable, but in this case might have solved your issue. I prefer to bind forms to queries rather than tables and would expect pdf to contain query calculations. However, I have nothing to use to prove that. Anyway it seems you have a solution.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.