matey56 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365

Formatting not picking up calculated cells when exporting to Excel

Hi all,
    I have a form with a date field/control that uses a formula to add months (12 or 18) based on two other fields. This field is not in the backend table. I created a query that includes it then made a report that pulls it in (and everything else) and displays them. Problem is, the calculated field works perfectly in the form but when I view it in the report it doesn't. I believe it's because the report (and thus the export to excel) it is not viewing one of the other date fields in the formula as a date. How do I get the report (and Excel) to view this as a date?

Sorry, I know this is long and confusing.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I can't tell if you have a calculated FIELD in a table (bad) or you have a calculated control on a form (good).

Would you post the SQL of the query? The query is where the calculation should occur... the query would be the record source for the report.

matey56 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    I can't tell if you have a calculated FIELD in a table (bad) or you have a calculated control on a form (good).

Would you post the SQL of the query? The query is where the calculation should occur... the query would be the record source for the report.
    It's a calculated control on a form.

OK, so I figured out the error I was receiving. I fixed the formula. My issue now is I can't format the control in the report to be a date. I can set the format in the query but not the report. The format option in the property sheet is blank. All my other date fields are set to Short Date. So now when I export the report to Excel, the calculated control isn't in a date format. How do I fix that?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.