Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Unless a toolbox has a last name, that field doesn't belong there so maybe you haven't mastered normalization yet. Only attributes (fields) of an entity (table) belong in that table. If you're storing the name of the toolbox then ok, but I kind of doubt it.

The nature of the process this is supposed to support isn't 100% clear to me at the moment.

You care about the location of a tool that has been identified as being in my toolbox ; e.g. top left drawer - and again, I can only have one toolbox?
    Then you have a bunch of form controls and no fields in your tables for them (e.g. work center, date(s) comments).
    There's no visible way to store inspection details and history according to your tables.

Doesn't look much like post 9 so it's kind of obvious there's a disconnect between what I thought the process is and the process you've designed for. Doesn't mean you're wrong; just means we're not on the same page.
    Last edited by Micron; 04-23-2021 at 10:18 AM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Chronus13 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Admittedly I am learning as I go, my apologies if I make things difficult. No formal training here, just google and playing with the program. So with that said, I hope I can explain. First, yeah I meant to delete the name from the toolbox table, thought I had to be honest. Second, I might misunderstand, but the only way to make the tables link properly was this thought process: I have an employee, employee has one and only one toolbox, toolbox has a toolbox ID to ID the employee, the toolbox uses the ID with the location of the tool in the drawer. My thought was to have the form for reporting purposes, at this point, I want the form to be a sort of fill in and then email a report to a supervisor. This report will list all the discrepancies per the toolbox of the individual chosen at that time. As i think about it, I don't want to do 20 emails to my supervisor for each employee, that is just over kill. Is there a way that I could send one email(report?) from a form with all the discrepancies per employee instead? The problem is I currently do this for every workcenter every 6 months and there are a lot of employees, I usually just type up one long email, this is what I am trying to change. I appreciate the help.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You have no way to document your findings, based on the pic of your relationships - unless that's what nomenclature means to you. Where are you documenting these inspections?? Where are the date fields in your tables?? Apologies are nice even when not needed, but if you don't make a point of addressing what's been said, you have to expect that whomever is helping will probably drop out. It happens with a lot of responders, so I'm not just talking about me.

I'm surprised you'd want to bother with which drawer a particular screwdriver is in but it's your db. Seems like overkill to me, and I say that with having been a mechanic for about 25 years.

Yes you can run one report of all inspections by having the data, creating a query for what you want, then creating a report that you base on this query, which is driven by form input for things like date ranges. Without inspection data in your db I fail to see how you'll ever get that far. My definition of "nomenclature" does not support the concept of having inspection records.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.