Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pj.field is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Hi, everyone
    Can I pass my thanks onto everyone who has responded to my post for help. All is appreciated, and everything has been looked at.

My I also recognise my deep appreciation of the efforts of Mike60Smart, who has gone above and beyond in his attempts to help me.
    Mike, my sincere thanks - the info you have sent is tremendous, but a little overwhelming at this time, but I'm slowly working my way through the bits I don't immediately understand.
    Please expect, in the not too distant future, my request for further clarification!
    With my very best regards, Pete

pj.field is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Hello again, mike60smart.
    Thanks to your "RecordsLog.zip", I have managed to sort out / get my head around virtually all of the problems I had due to my ignorance.
    Your introduction to SubForms was an eye-opener!
    I am now OK apart from 1 point - using the Combo Box. Ignoring the Training Types, Machine Types & etc, the one unresolved issue is in the Delegate Table/Form, displaying the Customer or adding an existing OR NEW Customer.
    I'll enclose a zipped version of where I am now at. It is simplified, but all the other issues I had are resolved.
    So, I can display in the form, and the SubForm, both the Delegate and Customer details, but only when they have been entered.
    I'm sure that I should be able to use the Combo Box to Select and/or Add a New Customer, when creating a new record in the Delegate table.
    It works in the datasheet view on the SubForm, by entering a new Cust Name & Cust Address, but I can't select an existing one.
    Can you place the last piece in the jigsaw, please?
    Attached Files

Attached Files Attached Files

Hi

The form you created is the wrong way to create a Form to deal with Customers who have 1 or more Delegates

Also you should not use Lookup fields in tables .

In the attached example I created a Main Form to select the Customers and a SubForm to enter the realted Many Delegates

On the Main Form there is a Command Button to Add New Customers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.