Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Use two textboxes that have the date picker option ON and set a date format. Those settings should give you calendars even though the controls are unbound (you usually don't bind search controls). Not sure what #2 entails. #3 can be handled by a button.
    One of the best report forms I've ever used had a listbox for all the reports. You'd pick just one and the appropriate options (controls) would appear below. Label font was bold for required inputs. Click run and the magic happened. See if this helps

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Just going to add - don’t format any field in your table, show it as it is.

Format is just a view of the data, it is not what will be used in any comparison which will use the actual data, not the formatted view

Chuckd is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Morning,
    I’ve got this working but there is one thing missing. But I have one little problem…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	45015
    Above is the form and below is the macro used to generate the report that is to be viewed. All fields are used to generate the report needed. So, when you click on the Generate Report button the following should take place:

1. Generates / opens Report and
    2. After the report has been generated and opened for viewing the form must be cleared and closed.

The command button does generate the report and opens the report for viewing, but the fields are getting cleared so quickly that the report comes up blank because it does not field parameters before they are cleared.
    Any Ideas.. As always your ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	45016

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Are the form fields bound (they shouldn't be) then there's no need to clear them. That might be the only change you need to make to fix the issue. I have no idea if there is a 'pause' macro action because I don't use macros. Make sure "all actions" is selected in the macro ribbon and check. You could also call a pause function in the macro if need be (would have to be written first), or use report event code to close the form. Then the report would be loaded first. The latter would also enable you to go back to the form if it results in no report records, which is not something you can do with your current macro. Try not clearing the form first.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Chuckd is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi Micron,
    I should have told you that none of the fields on the form are bound. I'll try your suggestions.
    Thanks,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.