Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    accesstos is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moke123 View Post
    Sure fooled me. I would never have guessed English is not your native tongue.
    Ha ha, Thanks!
    Maybe I did because (as I wrote in one of my first posts in this forum) I speak VBA better than English.

In actually, google translate and wordreference are very useful assistants.

So, by taking part in this forum, I exercise my English as well.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Hi Tom,
    Here is the accdb version of my utility, feel free to explore it.
    Cheers,
    Vlad
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    John @ #14:

You keep on impressing me!!! Just like moke123 already stated, I also got fooled (in a good way) by you. I surely what you were, e.g., either American or British living in Greece.

As I have opened quite a few threads lately, I always feel that "my problem is already solved" the moment I see that you contributed to the thread. Experts like you (particularly w/ such positive personality) are always, ALWAYS a pleasure to communicate with.

Hats up to you!

Cheers,
    Tom

Vlad -- I also would like to thank you for posting the cleanup utility. Once downloaded, I added 3 Ptr Safe lines to the arguments lines. Once I opened it, I tried to dabble with it before kicking off my work routine. When clicking on "double-click to select database to be cleaned" (see attached) nothing happens though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Double-click.JPG  

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Hi Tom,
    Sorry, it was designed for 32bit and the common dialog has been removed in 64bit. I will update it to work in both versions but until then just copy and paste the full path to the file.
    Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

moke123 -- good morning. You (and others) helped me previously w/ solving a process. I posted a related *yet slightly different* post at the following URL.
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...914#post474914

Given your previous background on the process, I was wondering if you had some ideas for the new process (same concept but for different table types).

moke123:

Earlier in March, you've helped me out tremendously by creating a routine that deletes LK tables that are not needed. I hope you remember.

This process has been working great thus far. However, at this time, I am hoping you would be willing to provide me little bit more assistance with slightly tweaking the process. If you prefer, I will open up a new thread. Just let me know what works best for you.

Process Recap for Creating LKs:
    ===============================
    - I have 5 source tables (containing prefix = "tbl_"). **For demo purposes only**, each table contains only 1 record. (Actual # of records = 70k).
    - I open up form "F01_MainMenu" -- this forms contains 2 listboxes.
    - In the left listbox, I click on the 3 options (top to bottom).
    - Upon having clicked 3rd option ("Create & Load..."), a message box indicates that *207* LK tables were created. This count can be validated by clicking on query "FieldNamesQ". So far so good!

Process Recap for Removing LKs that are Not Needed:
    ================================================== =
    - Again, upon having click on "Create LKs...", I ended up with 207 LK tables.
    - Reality is, however, that I only need a subset of those LKs (instead of one for every field).
    - Thus, with the help of another expert (moke123) in March, I ended up extending the functionality which would delete any "non-LOV" (i.e., LKs that are not needed).
    - So, via the right listbox, I would click on the 1st menu item "Delete LK Tables...".
    - The delete tables routine is linked to table [delete_tables_nonLOV].
    - Specifically, all LK tables where [LOV] = FALSE will be deleted from the database. Thus far, this process also worked fine!

Current Issue:
    ==============
    - Up until yesterday, I actually had 2 of the source tables split up via multiple files.
    - For reasons beyond this post, I decided to merge all fields of the multiple source tables (from the same organization) into a single table. Thus, I have 5 source tables (vs. 11 tables).
    - As part of this field merging, however, my DELETE LK tables does NO longer work as it did originally. And I can't figure out why.
    - Specially, if you open query "Count_Of_LK_Tables_Generated", the count of LK tables = 96 (that's the count **AFTER** I ran the DELETE function).
    - However, when you open query "Count_Of_LK_Tables_To_Keep", the record count = 92.
    - So, for some reason 4 LK tables (LK_DAFW, LK_EQUIPMENT, LK_EVENT, LK_FIRST_LINE_SUPERVISOR_NAME) still remain in the DB even though there Boolean flag = FALSE in table [delete_tables_nonLOV].

Here's What I Need Some Help With:
    ==================================
    Do you see the reason as to why the 4 LKs (LK_DAFW, LK_EQUIPMENT, LK_EVENT, LK_FIRST_LINE_SUPERVISOR_NAME) are NOT deleted given their Boolean flag = FALSE. I just don't seem to find the issue as to why only a subset of the LOV = FALSE tables would be deleted (vs. all).

Again, if you prefer me to open up a new post, I will gladly do so.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

moke123 -- never mind the question. I think I solved it by linked the DELETE_TABLE to query FieldNamesQ. This now only creates the LK that I need.

moke123 is online now Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivetom View Post
    moke123 -- never mind the question. I think I solved it by linked the DELETE_TABLE to query FieldNamesQ. This now only creates the LK that I need.
    Sorry Dave, I was busy with my paying job.
    Glad you got it worked out.
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

No worries... 'totally understand.

Cheers,
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.