mafhobb is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Report extended sum not working

I have a report with several subreports. I have a subtotal sum on each subreport and on the main report an extended sum of all subtotals.

When the sum of a subreport's subtotal is null or = 0 (It displays 0.00), the extended total on the main report displays a "#Type" error, however if I simply click on the subreport that has that "0.00" value, then the error goes away and the extended sum is displayed correctly (it obviously does not add any value from that subtotal, which is "0" anyway).

I have added the Nz function to the subtotals and to the extended total to no avail. The extended sum just does not work under any circumstances until I click on the offending subreport.

I am baffled...

How can I fix this?

mafhobb

Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Windows XP Access 2003

Yes. I am desperate enough to look for a solution in several forums as opposed to just one.

Quote Originally Posted by mafhobb View Post
    Yes. I am desperate enough to look for a solution in several forums as opposed to just one.
    Nothing wrong with that. Just that it is common courtesy to advise ALL forums that you have posted elsewhere.

I've done that for you now, just so members do not waste their time offering the same solution.?

As a member with over 1000 posts on one forum, you cannot plead ' I'm new and didn't know'.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    It's ironic because you can actually reduce engagement with that sort of behavior. Many won't bother to jump in if you're a known (especially if unrepentant) cross poster who doesn't extend the 'normal' courtesy. So rather than increase your responses, you diminish them. If we got paid - different story whether or not we actually helped, but we do this for free. In fact, I'd suggest you post where you think it will do you the most good and give it a day at least. Then if it doesn't result in a solution, start posting elsewhere, lest anyone see your cross posting links and just not feel motivated to see how you're doing there. That's my advice - take it or leave it.
    Last edited by Micron; 03-21-2021 at 05:53 AM.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    It's ironic because you can actually reduce engagement with that sort of behavior. Many won't bother to jump in if you're a known (especially if unrepentant) cross poster who doesn't extend the 'normal' courtesy. So rather than increase your responses, you diminish them. If we got paid - different story whether or not we actually helped, but we don't. In fact, I'd suggest you post where you think it will do you the most good and give it a day at least. Then if it doesn't result in a solution, start posting elsewhere, lest anyone see your cross posting links and just not feel motivated to see how you're doing there. That's my advice - take it or leave it.
    Hi Micron,

I understand this, and just so you and everyone knows, it is the first time that I have cross posted (at least that I can remember), but seeing that no solution was found in a long time, I decided to "go out" and look for a "different set of eyes" in other forums. I did not realize that there was an established "etiquette" when going about that. Now Bastanu on the original thread offered a solution that worked and I am very grateful for that.

In any case, not that I am planning to, but if I ever get into a similar situation, I will add the link of the original post in the original forum so experts who use more than one site may see the thread and know that the question is also posted elsewhere.

For now, here is the link with the solution so anyone that has the same problem and reads this post also knows how to solve it:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...oading.316849/

Thank you for everyone's help

mafhobb

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.