Steven19 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Form Design Advice

Hi All

I need some advice. I am designing a database, and I'm doing okay with the tables and most of the forms, but there is a page I have been asked to design for a director to act like a splash-page of information.

So I have a Query called QryDD which pulls information from table tblKYC and tblDirectorsIdentity, with Primary key [CIKey] and a Foreign Key [DDKey] and a number of fields. The primary Key is related to a previous table with the root information - called [DDKey]

The Form that the Director wants is an information page that tells him what different parts of a specific customers details are up to date or not. eg:

• Trading Address is up to date
    • Registered Company Address is up to date
    • Directors Contact Details are up to date

and so on with a number of different elements.

So I have calculated fields in the tables that say if someing is completed or not.

The way I have designed the page, for simpliciy is a blank form, based on the query, showing QryDD as the primary Key, and Buttons which link to forms to open the Trading Address, Registered Address info and Directors Contact info, all okay. The related Foreign DDKey opens the page as OpenArgs, so I get a filtered Query - which is as expected.

However if I have a new customer, I fill in the information in the root table, click a button to open this query page, and it shows everything needs updating - excellent. However My primary Key is showing (NEW) and I would like to be able to add a (NEW) record to table tblKYC, with DDKey = to the Related record, but, but the form is based on a Query, so I'm not sure how to add a new record.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    That's all too much before my first cup of coffee! To me the obvious question is, have you tried updating or appending through the query? You don't say (or I missed it). A select query is often, but not always updatable. If not, here are some reasons why - some of which you might not be able to fix.
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html
    (New) indicates to me that the query is updatable. Or is this a case where you're trying to add child records when there's no parent record?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.