DWinMadison is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Horizontal report using detail footer and text boxes

I recall “back in the day” figuring a way to display monthly data horizontally in a report by using text boxes in the detail footer and hiding the detail. Anybody doing this successfully? As I recall there was a counter field assigned and if statements in each text box. I have a need to do this again and have been away from Access for a long time.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You must mean showing summary data in a header or footer? Never done it but I suppose if I was going to try, my footer controls would use Sum, DSum, a bunch of +'s or kludgy IIF expressions. However, I wouldn't go to all that trouble when I could probably base the report on a Totals query and have one detail row in the report. If I'm off base, you might have to explain your situation a bit more.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

DWinMadison is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    In simple terms it’s an app listing a set of quality metrics that people report at reported at different intervals. They are then totaled is a query that looks like:

Metric TotByMonth. I want the row totals by metric with a column for each of the past 12 months. A cross tab is the obvious/easy solution but they are temperamental in reporting, at least in my experience.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    That temperament might be tempered by defining your field list in the query properties. Then you get a field whether it has data in the aggregate or not. Then again, you might be referring to something else.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.