tokki is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Interactive Drag Drop Scheduler

I have seen a few examples on YT of drag and drop schedulers that allow a user to drag/drop object across a calendar, but can not find a lot of info on that programming technology in Access forums.

Anyone know what I am referring to? Is it something that people don't find useful, is it not reliable, why isn't their more info on that type of programming / functionality? Love to get a template or some more info on how to build something like that.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Suggest you provide a few links to examples of YT drag and drop schedulers so we all "see what you're interest in".

tokki is offline Novice
    Sure, I wasn't sure about joining and immediately posting links, but I can definitely do that.

The type of functionality I am referring to is popular in project management apps like Monday, Clickup. I am not really interested in subscription based cloud apps so would if it was possible I wanted to try and replicate those functions. I have seen the drag/drop scheduling in videos presented by Aleksander Wojtasz on youtube.

//youtu.be/fvDAlNd0ky4

//youtu.be/RIz50WHnzOw

They are quite dated and would have thought by now someone else would have provided more info on the techniques in Access. Possibly its just not a realistic option.

Thanks for the feedback!

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I have not worked with drag and drop. The youtubes you mentioned were discussed in some forums as I recall. That creator does provide an email link, but I don't know if he accepts questions etc.

There is some info here that may be of some use to you.
    Also here.

Perhaps you could investigate something like M$oft Project???

tokki is offline Novice
    Thanks, I actually attempted to contact the author and never got a response. I haven't used that other access site since they changed forum software; I don't think its very user friendly. I will check those threads though.

RE: project - I already have a developed access application so wanted to utilize that.

If anyone else has an insight love to hear it - thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I have not worked with drag and drop. The youtubes you mentioned were discussed in some forums as I recall. That creator does provide an email link, but I don't know if he accepts questions etc.

There is some info here that may be of some use to you.
    Also here.

Perhaps you could investigate something like M$oft Project???

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Post 5 was moderated, I'm posting to trigger email notifications.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I have a contact who purchased the source code for Aleksander Wojtasz's drag & drop utility.
    He has done a lot of work tidying up the code and translating the text from Polish to English

If you email me using the link in my signature line, I'll forward your email address to him
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

tokki is offline Novice
    Colin - thanks for getting me in touch with the other individual. They were open to sharing the code with me so I wanted to make sure that I expressed gratitude for his and your generosity in trying to help me out. Unfortunately, the code was done in windows 32 bit system and my app was done in a 64 system. Many of the classes Aleksander used are 20+ years old; and no longer function in my 2021 64 bit system. I suspect that is why he has ignored request for additional information. I was able to get most of the basic features to function, but didn't feel like it was worth my time to try and convert the old 32bit classes - specially since that part of the project was way over my head. DOH! Anyway - thanks again.

Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Hi tokki
    Ah. That's a shame. Sorry about that.
    My contact (I'm being deliberately vague but you know who I mean) gave me a copy of the code a few months ago but I've not had a reason to work with it as yet.
    I'll check out the API declarations at some point and see if I can convert them. No promises though!

I'll get back to you if I succeed.
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

Banzai222 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2019
    Make it work on MS 2021 64 bit but still have issue: Progress bar can extend but still stuck on the days extension..

Windows 10 Office 365
    Since this thread was first posted, I was pleased to get Aleksander Wojtasz to do a presentation on his Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access for the Access Europe User Group in July 2023

As part of that he updated all his code for 64-bit Access.
    You can find the updated databases at Interactive Gantt Chart Scheduler in Access (isladogs.co.uk) and the video of the session is available on YouTube at https://youtu.be/_f85C9wxKrQ
    Hope that helps

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.