Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    brigitteAT is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

problem with conditional formatting Access 2013 win7 pro

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP - I decided to avoid this problem for the moment, and use my old PC for the db, maybe I have to come back later on this, if it does not work any longer....

Thanks of the help of you all, I,'ve made some progress with my db, but now I have a big problem with conditional formatting
    I want individual fields to show different coulours depending on conditons

my new PC works with win7.pro and Access 2013

on my older PCs (win.10 and win.xp) I was used to simply press the button of "conditional formatting" in the FormView and add the condition(s) for the colour(s) of this field - simple and enough for my purposes :-)

but this doesn't work any longer on my new PC win.7 pro: here I can see the Button (conditonal formatting), but it does not react at all...
    thus I copied the DB to my older Pcs (win.10 and win.xp) and: there it works as usual - why not on win.7 ???

Guess it has something to do with the libraries (Modul-"Verweise"...) ????

where instead of Microsoft Accss 9.0 Object Library (as in win.10 and win.xp)
    on my win.7 pro PC I dont have this Library

but now the Microsoft Access 15.0 Object Library....
    (and in the selection list no chance to click the 9.0 library)

thus my questions would be:
    1) how can I get back my Microsoft Access 9.0 Library on my Win.7 Pc ????
    2.) any Idea if this could solve my problem ? and - if I do so - would this damage something else on my new PC???

and - what I also haven't found out yet - and my next question would then be: (to mark empty fields, which are dates)
    3. how do I define a field-Value as empty if it is a date? ???? NULL doesn't work, " " doesn't work, <> doesn't work...
    Last edited by brigitteAT; 02-08-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Can you right click a control and choose CF ?
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

click right where ??? and what is CF???
    do you mean click on the field and show the properties!?!? - yes

If you right click on a control, then the CF (Conditional Formatting??) is available?

Rather than type "Conditional Formatting" all the time, most people just use CF, especially when the topic is Conditional Formatting.?
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Can you post a slimmed down version of your database with instructions of exactly which field/value you want to apply CF to?

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The Access 9.0 library is for Access 2000. Now you have 2013. Have you upgraded the database format from mdb to accdb? Have you set the Trusted Locations for your database location?

Here is a related thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-146dca8b568d

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

thank you Vlad! I haven't upgraded to addcb but didnt do so deliberately ! decided to stay with mdb-2000 - as Some functions - programmed by a professional in about 2000 - only work there, and it's the only version I am more ore less able to cope with want to adopt it for my needs now - 20 Years later ......
    I would be happy if I could just get the 2000 version back ...
    what would happen if I just added the microsoft access 9.0 Object Library and give it a higher Priority than the 15.0 one?
    but how do I find this file on one of my old PCs???
    (i find the 15.0 one the new PC... but not the 9.0 on the old PC)

what do you mean by:
    "Have you set the Trusted Locations for your database location?" ???

don't know what a trusted location is, my (2)dbs are on C:\Daten\Access (one for the data only ... and one for the Programme)

Gicu is offline VIP
    Hi Brigitte,
    Unfortunately you can't "get" the 9.0 library if you don't install MS Access (Office) 2000 on your new computer. I understand that you think the existing 2000 version is all you need but .... I am sure whatever the original profesional programmed in 2000 can be replicated (probalbly better, safer, faster) in the newer accdb format. Sometimes it is just a matter of trying... Make a copy of both files (looks like you have a split db), convert them to accdb, relink them and see what happens.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Hi Brigitte,
    Unfortunately you can't "get" the 9.0 library if you don't install MS Access (Office) 2000 on your new computer. I understand that you think the existing 2000 version is all you need but .... I am sure whatever the original profesional programmed in 2000 can be replicated (probalbly better, safer, faster) in the newer accdb format. Sometimes it is just a matter of trying... Make a copy of both files (looks like you have a split db), convert them to accdb, relink them and see what happens.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Thank you again, but I tried that already and did it again, but the problem is, that I need the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library which I cannot add in accdb as it says "conflict" .... don't know where else this might be needed, so far I have only found out, that without it, I cannot enter my main Form any more :-(
    and talked to my sysadmin, who told me that for the Installation of Office 2000 they would need my pc for a day to do a completely new installation (install the whole office in 2000 first, and then upgrade everything but Access to 2013...)
    thus I decided for the moment, to do the "programming" on one of my old PCs :-) (when I copy it from there to the new one, the features seem to work, but only cannot be programmed)

Minty is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library has been replaced in newer versions.
    See this thread https://www.access-programmers.co.uk.../#post-1746442
    for some more detail.

DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library has been replaced in newer versions.
    See this thread https://www.access-programmers.co.uk.../#post-1746442
    for some more detail.

thank you so much Minty!
    my "directory" of possibilities does not offer Microsoft Office 16.0 Acess database engine Objects ... only 15.0

and with this it does not work .... I have also adapted all "links" to the list shown in the thread, - with 15.0 (as this is the highest number I have available) - and it still doesn't work ....
    I'm simply not good enough to go into these details .... no Idea what I'm doing really .. using the professional basis of 2000 and work with "copy, trial an error" ... I'm just a lazy user, who wants to make things easier in daily work for me :-) ... and unfortunately lost touch to the guy who did the programming for me in 2000, since he changed company....

Gicu is offline VIP
    It shouls work with 15.0 (Microsoft Office 15.0 Access Database Engine Object Library). Can you put a small sample with just the form that doesn't work so we could see the code?
    Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    It shouls work with 15.0 (Microsoft Office 15.0 Access Database Engine Object Library). Can you put a small sample with just the form that doesn't work so we could see the code?
    Cheers,
    It's so kind of you, trying to help me update my system!!! the code which does't work without DAO 3.6 works with 15.0, but as the conditional formatting does not, neither in draft view, nor in form view, nor in layout view.... using accdb instead of mdb does not seem to be my solution

I don't know, what you mean by "put a small sample with just the form that doesn't work".... conditional formatting doesn't work in any form or view...
    in form view it remains grey and I can't cklick , and in draft and layout view it shows colours, and I can click on it, but nothing happens....
    do you mean I should create a new accdb database with just one of the forms (+tables)? but how can I "put" this here so you can see it?

Gicu is offline VIP
    Hi Brigitte, you should be in design view of the form and with a text box selected before clicking the CF on the menu. Please note that for some controls it does not work (list boxes).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.