sitruc3211820 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Automatically sending Outlook Tasks based on database?

Hi,

Somewhat newer and completely self-taught Access user here--I've been able to figure out most things on my own pretty well, but boy is it frustrating when I hit a wall on working through a process that sounds simple.

Here is my question (which may be better suited for another forum).

I manage a team of 8 individuals each with a long list of due dates for various projects. I am talking about roughly 200 due dates for each of the individuals I supervise. At the moment, the individual employee either needs to track the dates on their end or I need to track on my end and remind them...there has to be an easier way than having a 6 page to-do list that people often forget to check. The nice thing about the due dates is that they are known for the entire year and very rarely change (although the person the task is assigned to might change occasionally). My thought is to send a "Task Request" via Outlook to the employee assigned to the project roughly 30 days before the due date. If I can accomplish this, they could then accept the task and it would be automatically added to their electronic to-do list so that whatever reminders are set can keep them on track.

At this point, I have an Access Database and a Form created--a button on the form runs a macro that sends a report via email to let them know what projects are upcoming. Any thoughts on how to adapt this macro so that instead of emailing a report it assigns tasks to the employees based on the dates in the database?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    In addition to welshgasman's comment and links, you may want to review this project management template from M$oft.
    I have not used the template, but it may be useful for structure and interaction with outlook.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.