deaula is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Currently Trying to Update a Access database/program in the Military

So, I am currently serving the USAF, I found an older version of a program to keep a log of events (events log). I just need some help on how I can update just 2 items in the program. I can send the .mdb and .accdb so someone could see what I am talking about, but i will be posting pictures now.

So the 1st picture is of the main screen, everything is fine there. After I hit home, there isn't very many options for me to edit anything up top.

The 2nd picture is what I need to change. I would need to change the word "UNCLASSIFIED" to something else and change the coloring.

If anyone could help that would be awesome!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st page.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	44024Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd page.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	44025

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    you can make that word at textbox that reads a field. no borders.
    the record would have classified, or unclass, or other value on the record.
    in the report , set CONDITIONAL FORMATTING, to change the colors based on the value.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If it's a one time 'permanent' change, just open the report in design view and make your text and formatting changes there - assuming you can interact with the nav pane objects.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

deaula is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    If it's a one time 'permanent' change, just open the report in design view and make your text and formatting changes there - assuming you can interact with the nav pane objects.
    Unfortunately I can't interact with anything at the top. Only options I have are "Filter" and "Find". When I go into the "File" tab at the top to see if I can get to any settings, the only thing I can do is print as well.

deaula is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Just kidding! So I was able to customize my ribbon, and add design and layout views to change it. I am just wondering if I am going to have to change it everytime a new day rolls around, because on a new day a "new" form is made to keep track of the events log. I guess I will find out tomorrow! Thanks for the help! I will let you know how it goes.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You need to open the db without the startup form showing, then all the tools are available in the standard Access ribbon. Hold shift key when opening.
    This assumes your database file extension is not accde or mde (which it seems you have stated that it is not). If it is, you can't make design changes to forms or reports and would have to find a copy of the mdb/accdb file that was used to make the db you're working in.
    on a new day a "new" form is made
    Surely you are not making a new form for each different day??
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

deaula is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Surely you are not making a new form for each different day??
    I am not haha! It automatically clears the log at the end of the day, based on Zulu time. I am just hoping it doesn't fix the changes I made when the new day rolls around.

I will also check on the "holding shift while opening" method. It seems like that would be exactly what I needed, I will let you know when I get to work tonight, thank you!

DittoBird is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by deaula View Post
    based on Zulu time
    No contribution here, I just wanted to say that I don't think I have heard "zulu time" since I left the Canadian Army in 1991. At least not in the past 20 years! Good stuff!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.