Dave14867 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Very weird behavior on form

I have a database that I have used for a long time and have been adding features to. I tried to add a new user today and found some very strange behavior on the login form. I don't use the login form as I use the bypass key but other must use the login form.

The database is set up to open the Login Form upon opening

If I try to open the database normally without the bypass key, it freezes upon opening and doesn't show the login form. I have to right click on the app in the taskbar and choose close to close it down, nothing else works.

If I use the bypass key and open it, then try to open the Login Form, the form doesn't open and I again have to close access as described above.

If I open the database with the bypass key and open the form in design view, it will open, if I then try to change to form view, the form isn't visible and I again have to close using the icon in the taskbar.

If I open the database with the bypass key and open the form in design view, it will open, if I then try to change to layout view I can, if I then change to form view everything is fine and I can enter the credentials and everything works fine.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    what is causing this
    almost certainly some code that runs when the app opens. check if your login form open, load and current events for code and step through it

You mention multiple users - what is your setup? is the db split FE and BE? do other users have a problem opening the db per your first open example?

Is the db in a trusted location?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ajax,

I am trying to debug now but so far no luck, All I did was add a user that's why I am so puzzled, also puzzled about can open in design view but not form view.

The other users don't have a problem, but if I comment out the new user the problem persists.

Yes it is a split database, I use it for work and keep the BE on the network and the FE local, when I want to do work on it at home I copy both the FE & BE to a flash drive and take it home, then open the FE using the bypass key, delete the tables that are in the BE, then re-link them from the copied BE file on the flash drive.

I believe it is in a trusted location but I will double check.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I believe I found the problem. It seems that 1 of the tables in the working version was local and when I imported the tables after deleting them so I could work on it at home I made it a linked table, when I correct that, everything worked great again.

Very frustrating for me. Any ideas as to why it would make a difference?

Thanks

Dave

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    not with the information you have provided. Can't even speculate what it might be!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.