Bills Sis is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Need help with setting up tables in Access 2016

I work for a engineering design division within a state government agency. One of my tasks is to maintain a set of Notes that are used on our construction projects which we design. Not all notes are used on the projects. The notes are in two categories: General Construction and Pay Item. The Pay Item notes can be either mandatorily tied to a pay item (meaning it is always tied to the pay item) optionally tied to a pay item (meaning the note may or may not be tied to the pay item, depending on the project).

I would like to keep track of the revisions done to these notes. Say, for example, one of the pay item notes was put into place many years ago for certain people, but those people have retired or moved on. So that note was removed. However, I would like to keep track of revisions like this for each note and print out a revision report each time the notes are revised. I currently am doing something similar to other documents I maintain and those are the standard drawings. The revision report when several of those are revised is attached, so you can get an idea of what I'm looking for.

Also attached is the listing of the Notes, in the configuration they are now. I wanted to give you an idea of what the notes look like, and the details of which I cannot explain with mere words.

I feel like I can't see the forest for the trees and am having a difficult time wrapping my head around this. I've gone through and tried three of the database problems as Roger Carlson has shown on his website: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/f..._topic238.html. They seem so easy compared to what I'm trying to do. I've started to write a narrative and that is helping somewhat but I still can't see the darn trees. LOL Can someone help me with setting up the tables, or at least what the headings of the columns should be (subjects) and their respective fields (field list) should be, according to Roger Carlson?

Thank you!

Bills Sis2009 Roadway Notes.pdfStandards Report - Revisions EffAug2015.pdf2009 Roadway Notes.pdfStandards Report - Revisions EffAug2015.pdf

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Still need help with this or did you get a solution in another forum?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.