Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gina Maylone is offline Always learning
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi Moke! There was spaghetti? Dang, I missed it. LOL! I inherited this db and cobbled ideas together as I could understand them (not very well I might add). Your example has hit the nail on the head it looks like, I will test it with the report in a second. Beautiful work as always! My brain doesn't work like it used to.

Thank you so much for your time and effort! Be well.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hey Micron!

Thank you for the tips, I always learn something from you. I'd like some of those wobbly pops please!

Take care!

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Oh, to answer your question in the code: '????? don't know what these lines are for... Forms("freportparams").SetFocus
    DoCmd.Minimize '

They shrink the param form so you can see the report. :-)

Windows 10 Access 2016
    ONE more thing, is there a way I can pass some of the criteria to a subreport? When the main report opens. Thanks!

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Glad to see your still working on my guitar
    U 2 Fun E

Part of me hopes you guys will save some of that snow for me. I bought a Subaru Outback in August and I've been told many times that they're awesome in the snow. Haven't had enough snow here to experience that yet. On the other hand, one must be careful of what they wish for.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    U 2 Fun E

Part of me hopes you guys will save some of that snow for me. I bought a Subaru Outback in August and I've been told many times that they're awesome in the snow. Haven't had enough snow here to experience that yet. On the other hand, one must be careful of what they wish for.
    Where are you Micron? There's a polar vortex coming, maybe it will affect you? :-) Personally I'm ready for a nice summer day!

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina Maylone View Post
    Hey Micron!
    Thank you for the tips, I always learn something from you. I'd like some of those wobbly pops please!
    Take care!
    Something odd about the way one navigates to a thread from an email in this forum. I totally missed a few comments. Thanks for the rep points. Funny thing is, I'd rather teach by guiding rather than just dive in and hand over a pile of code from scratch (but that does happen from time to time), so your comment is gratifying.
    I'd love to share, but due to Covid I think you're going to have to go out and get your own wobbly pops!
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Where are you Micron? There's a polar vortex coming, maybe it will affect you? :-) Personally I'm ready for a nice summer day!
    - Ontario (it's in my profile I think) and at the top right of every post.
    - Yeah, if anything I'd want the snow and not the bone freezing cold a vortex will bring. That just costs more to keep the house warm.
    - yes, can't wait to get the deck furniture out again!

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yup! I see the location up there, duh! I'm guessing the vortex is headed straight to you! SORRY! We've got snow/sleet/rain, temps hovering around freezing. So not so bad considering it's January. I just keep looking at our picnic table with it's foot of snow, ugh.

Keep warm!

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I know your pain Micron. I bought a new snowblower a few months ago and we've only had one storm where I could use it. Murphys law, cause we're usually buried in western Ma.
    It's a little bigger than I need but it throws about 50' which is just about far enough to reach my neighbors driveway
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If anyone wants snow, come see me! 1/1 had about 4 feet of snow in my yard. Almost wore out my snowplow.
    Then, first week of Jan, it went from +20F (-6C) to -10F (-23C), then to +48F (+9C).
    Second week, down to -5F (-20C), then to +40F (4C) and back to 5F (-15C).
    Now at 30F (-1C) with rain/snow. I'm with Gina - can't wait for 50F (10C) weather........

@ Gina, A "real job"?? Say it ain't so! Well, I'm sure you'll whip it into shape. Hope thing are well with you and your family.

Windows 10 Access 2016

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    If anyone wants snow, come see me! 1/1 had about 4 feet of snow in my yard. Almost wore out my snowplow.
    Then, first week of Jan, it went from +20F (-6C) to -10F (-23C), then to +48F (+9C).
    Second week, down to -5F (-20C), then to +40F (4C) and back to 5F (-15C).
    Now at 30F (-1C) with rain/snow. I'm with Gina - can't wait for 50F (10C) weather........

@ Gina, A "real job"?? Say it ain't so! Well, I'm sure you'll whip it into shape. Hope thing are well with you and your family.
    Ugh. Do you really only get to 50 in the summer? Or is that just your comfort zone? We're thinking of becoming snowbirds. Getting too old for this crap. How's COVID in your neck of the woods? We've been healthy. Had a couple of friends that got it, it was no big deal, thankfully.

Yep, a real job. I had one last December until June '20. Then the virus hit and that was the end of that. It was in an office 9-5, I despised it. Sucked the life right out of me. My new one is remote, so hopefully, I will adapt better. 27 years of self employment...kinda got stuck in my ways.

Take care Steve. I'll be lurking.

50s F is tee shirt weather. High 60s is normal - sometimes hits mid to high 70s F.

Had a neighbor couple get COVID - they work in healthcare so was kinda expected - they are in their mid 30s, so no major effect and are OK now.
    Another neighbor is a nurse practitioner; he didn't get COVID, but just received the 2 dose vaccination - 2nd dose kicked his butt.

With everything locked down, it is pretty boring.....can't go anywhere, do anything, so I'm spending more time doing housework.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    can't go anywhere, do anything,
    You need a hobby.
    I'm working on 4 tables pretty much like these. No bottom shelves though. Boss says they're dust catchers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	403939_11.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	43918

@ Micron,
    Very nice!
    I'm going to buy a Lincoln POWER MIG® 210 MP® Multi-Process Welder. (MIG, TIG & stick)..... have a few projects in mind and want to learn/relearn what I forgot from over 50 years ago.

Is it May yet????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.